Chapter Fifty Eight

Dogs of War [ Chapter 58 ]: Arc Four

Title: [ Deck the halls and Run a Gauntlet: RoundTable V Wolf.]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______

______________

__________________

___________________

______________________

Embedded into the ground, their flags stood tall. Moving softly with the morning, the dark blue flags were raised high: standing in an ever-expanding sea of rows that stretched as far as the golden horizon which slowly enveloped the dark morning sky, a mix of blues and darks, the emerging orange was accompanied by the brightly glowing yellow.

With a series of stumps, the rising of feet fell back down to the green floor, and like the sound of a beating drum, their steps echoed far.

The sound of ten thousand wild men stood in still formation, their steps crying out and being the morning alarm to the land and country.

One by one, side by side, the knights of this land were unified in dress, stance, loyalty, and honor. Rows upon rows, they stood together, their flags displaying their designated unit, name, and pride. Adorned in silver, the rising sun fell upon their iron backs, causing a shadow to befall their fronts as a warm glow covered their backs, creating the sight of a grand army that stood apart from any other. But from both sides, the flowing flags, a dark blue in the front, while a royal blue when looking behind, displayed the sign and sigil, the symbol of their commander and leader, the image of a white wolf was painted strongly to represent their strength.

"Woah...to think this many returned?" Dressed in bright silver armor, Gareth stared down at the plains from atop the hill, dressed in uniform and wielding a large lance in her left hand, her eyes were of wonder and amazement as she found herself before one of the country's most legendary units. The morning sun's glow continued to strengthen as it rose, lighting her form as the darkest behind cast her shadow.

The hounds of Britain.

The Dogs of Arthur.

Beasts of the One True King.

"...No, aside from the ones we lost, this is all of them, even Gaston and Corkus are here," Pride and warmth, joy and admiration, Gareth looked to her right and then far up to find the Wolf Knight who stood beside her, finding a look of strength in the eyes of the royal knight she now served. With a fondness to his voice, Y/n stood tall and proud as he looked over his man, as in a moment his eyes shot forth with power as his voice felt comparable to a horn being blown.

"Hear me now!" His voice boomed and threatened to blow back the wind. "Today I stand before you alive and well, your commander and brother!" With one swing with his right hand, he brought his massive greatsword down into the ground, right in front of him as the earth was pierced. "And it brings me joy to see you all in good health, it brings me to hope for what we shall do in future, that we ride together, that we may fight together once again as...," He stopped his chest rising while his golden eyes flared.

"The Dogs of War!" He roared with all the strength in the world, his lungs supporting his booming voice as the thousands before him cried out, their stomps and shout approving his roars.

"Commander Y/n!"

"We couldn't ride with anyone else as our leader!"

"You crazy bastard! You come back alive and with a kid, that girl should be seeing us!"