Chapter Forty Four [ Month Eight ]

[ Chapter 44 ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Hey dear, have you ever wanted to dance with me? I think...you'd do quite enjoy it," Y/n said, speaking in an interested tone, wondering what she'd say in return, as Artoria glanced up at him. Placing a finger to her lips, she thought it over before answering.

"I've only ever done so when it came to formal gatherings, and my own wedding, though I usually played the role of the lead. So, while I'm not against the idea, I only hope you won't step on my feet," Artoria said in response, giving a little smile by the end as she leaned back into Y/n's chest and resumed resting. Sitting together up on the couch, the blonde-haired woman had her back to Y/n as she layed in his embrace, while he kept his arms wrapped around her, and more specifically her stomach.

"Haha, come on, I know how to dance, ya can ask Merlin. I doubt we'll have any trouble, besides those other times were for a show, but I'd mean it if it was with you," Y/n replied with a chuckle, giving the woman a warm look as his eyes drifted to her stomach. ( You're just a month away...) He thought to himself.

Sif who had been sitting beside the couch on the floor, reading a book she had borrowed, one which detailed events which took place in Hindu mythology, perked her ears up at the small conversation between the two beside her. Getting up and throwing her arms over the armrest, she rested her chin on the patted couch as she folded her arms. Facing Artoria and grinning, the wolf who was sitting on her knees, gave a toothy grin and spoke.

"Oh come on, that marriage is about as real as Gawain's intellect.," Sif said in a humorous tone, earning the attention of both as she continued. Shrugging her shoulders and giving a sigh, she smiled. "I don't get you two sometimes, master is definitely your husband, and Artoria, you're without a doubt a clingy wife. You two are about to have a child, and you guys gotta discuss the idea of dancing? Haha, just shut up and do it when one of you two feel like it." Sif finished, earning a bit of surprise from both as she laughed to herself. They were all but married in name, and Sif had to have a bit of fun pointing that out.

"I'm not clingy, right...?" Artoria asked, turning her head to face Y/n, a curious and maybe even oblivious look on her face. Y/n who was met with such an expression had to look away, feeling a little awkward as he thought about what he should say.

"Uhh, yeah you're. Even a little scary when ya don't get what you want. You even demanded that I hold..." Y/n stopped himself from continuing for some reason unknown to both women. Laughing and pulling Artoria closer to him, he gave a smile before leaning in and finished speaking. "Still, Sif is right, maybe one of these days I'll just pull ya by the arm and take you for a spin."

"See! That's the spirit, master," Sif said with an eager voice as Artoria sighed at both's antics, knowing and enjoying the knowledge that sooner or later, Y/n was going to do just that. It was currently noon and it was a normal day around the house, though, of course, most things done here wouldn't be considered normal. Still, today, well this month, they were expecting a final visit from Merlin.

"Yoo hoo~ Open up will you, or do you intend to leave this poor woman out of the fun?" Ah yes, speak of the devil and she shall come. With her familiar voice at the door, the three in the living room looked towards the front door as suddenly both Sif and Y/n locked eyes.

"One, two, three."

"Not it!"

"Not it-damn it master!" Sif said in annoyance as the man simply snickered like a boy. Placing down her book and getting up, the woman prepared herself as she marched her way over to the door. Quickly unlocking the door and side-stepping out of the way as Merlin acted.