Chapter Sixty Seven [ Mama ]

Dogs of War [ Chapter 67 ]: Arc Four

Title: [ Mama. ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______

______________

__________________

___________________

______________________

"Haha! Mom, I'm gonna catch a big fish alright? I'm gonna do it with just my hands!"

"...But, isn't that kinda dangerous, Skoll?"

"But that's what makes it fun, Baobhan!"

"...You said that last time and Father had to jump into the stream and grab you."

"Shut up...How was I supposed to know water could kill me, I thought we were made up of it!?"

"But, that's not how it works...?"

"Then nature is stupid!"

"...But, we're nature too? ...Aren't you calling yourself stupid?"

"...Shadda up."

An early morning welcomed the day, the sun slowly rising as the deep blue sky remained from the fading night, the greenery colored in an orange glow that pierced through the tree line. Covered in gentle droplets that fell to the dark earth, the grass and morning dew were glistened by the rising sun's mellow light. The laughter of sweet children met with the chirping of birds and the waking of beasts. Inside this secluded forest rested a small little home that was hidden amidst it. Built with care, made of wood and stone, upheld by pillars that supported its second story, inside this piece of paradise was a family.

"Well...stay safe, Skoll. And don't mess with the bears again!"

"Argh! I'm bigger and stronger than ya, Sis! Why does everyone act like I'm some kind of princess like you, I'm gonna be a knight!"

"Hehe, because you only got Father's brawn, while I got Mother's mind, dummy."

"...Well, then...Fine, I won't do anything stupid..."

"Why do I gotta be the dumb twin...?"

"Skoll isn't dumb... You just don't use your brain that often, outside training...But you're still pretty smart!"

"Yeah! Ya darn right I am! Haha!"

Blonde and tall, she had the attitude of every boy her age, confident and adventurous, you couldn't tell the girl a thing, and with a brown wool backpack strapped to her back, the grin on her face and look in her eyes only pointed forward as the smaller yet equally adorable red-haired twin smiled. Sisters at heart, family in blood, their minds were like day and night, yet without the other, you'd find something missing in either's world.

But... Someone was missing, but he'd be on his way soon.

"Papa! Hurry up ya slow poke!" Eager and ready to set off, she called out to the old man still inside their home as a familiar woman stepped out.

"Just give him a minute, he's still packing, haha." Blonde much like the little girl, the green in her eyes was a bit faded.

"Ugh, fine...but I really wanna go now."

Inside the home, and at the dinner table rested a man in a chair. Like the smallest child, he shared her red hair, but much like his biggest, inside his weak eyes was a look of fire to them, a desire to enjoy the day no matter how much he desired rest. Though the morning had only begun, he couldn't help but feel a call to his bed. His body was that of a titan while his mind was as weak as a pebble, yet, the laughter and giggles of the little ones outside formed his smile, a resolve of 'I better get going', filling his mind as he tied the strings on his black boots.