Chapter Sixty two

Dogs of War [ Chapter 62 ]: Arc Four.

Title: [ SERAMTHGIN ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______

______________

__________________

___________________

______________________

Booming like trumpets, their song played throughout the kingdom, stretching beyond the horizon as it poured down upon the green grass. A roar of thunder lit the sky as the heavens shook, flashes of light appearing within the gray clouds as lightning struck as the rain beat down on the ground. Heavy was the storm's song which played throughout the night, hiding the black sky and glowing moon, clouding the sky in gray and black clouds that stole all of the midnight sky's light.

("I can see Skoll again...?")

Taping like steps, pouring continuously, and hitting the ground steadily, the ground struck the earth and high places, dousing even the castle in its waters, wetting the stone and wood, filling the holes and ditches, the sea had come down upon the earth this night.

("...Mother sent you?")

The winds crashed against doors and houses as it clashed against the tall structures in the city. Whipping and turning, the gusts and blows clashed with the stone pillars and walls at the gate, running throughout the street without resistance, knocking down stands and shops, bulldozing through them all as the storm wind ran wild and free throughout this great city.

("I need to get Father to... No, he needs to come with me-Wait stop-!")

Cackles and roars of thunder beat the storm's drum while the pouring of rain strummed the strings along the gusts of wind that blew forth from the trumpets, creating a song of disaster played by nature. As while the outside world was captured within the claws of the storm, the man who slept within walls of stone slept soundly. A beast lay over his bed and a woman rested over his body. Safe and sound, undisturbed, they slept without a care as the sky was lit up in the color of bright white, a roar of thunder boomed as a strike of lightning was sent down from heaven on high, crackling as it struck the ground.

( "Father, help me!" )

The beast's eyes shot open, his heart roared like an engine as his body moved to the call.

"Baobhan!"

The wall shattered as he stormed into her room, his figure like a blur as he smashed his way through the room, towering and hulking, his eyes glowed like burning lanterns as his teeth matched a wolf's fang's, under the spell of darkness he looked into the room for her. His eyes widened as he saw her kicking and screaming as she was held by a devil, the light from the window barely illuminating the darkened figure that stood tall as he, lanky and black, its white eyes met his as he saw the horns on its head. Yet, there was no time to think, only act.

"Grrrr! Get away from her!"

In seconds he was on the beast, his daughter fell to the floor as a woman ran into the room and scooped her up, golden blonde hair and dressed in blue he didn't hear her questions as he wrestled with the monster on the ground, pinning it down on the floor as he growled at the devil with claws. Grabbing it by the horns and monstrous strength, ripping them off, a scream being released from the beast's sewed-like mouth as the large man slammed his fist into the vile beast's face again and again, his eyes dying red over gold while his bawled fists were covered in onyx flames, his knuckles harder than rock while his grip held no equal as he gripped the boogeyman by the right arm before flipping both of them and slamming his prey onto the ground, shaking the room as-

"Father!"

Blood flew onto the attacking beast as it tore off the right arm of the devil, the woman who held the girl quickly stepped away as she held the girl in her arms, the girl keeping close to her protector as well as both watched the boogeyman become prey, the roars of a disturbed bear, a raging father muffling the beast's screams as he began to once again rip and tear the beast apart, from legs to arms, eyes to organs, the devil flailed and screamed bloody murder as the predator bit into it and pulled it apart like a savage monster.

"...I'll make the devil pray you damn beast! I'll send you back to her bit by fucking bit!"

He was covered in black flesh and red blood, staring down at the monster with a deranged look, red eyes with golden blonde hair, he was the image of an ancestor, spirals appearing, circling around the crimson eyes that burned with hate, his teeth were in the image of a beast, a sabertooth, a lion, if not a feral dog's, coated in dripping red, he stared down into the boogeyman's last remaining eye. White as snow, it was forever hollow as the deeper you stared into the white abyss, the more it consumed you like a plague.

The devil begged.

"M-mercy!?"

The monster tilted its head.

"...I wonder if you taste nasty?"

______________________________

"Father!"

Her eyes opened as she quickly raised herself out of bed, darting her head around in fear and in want, looking for the man she cried for as she found herself in an unfamiliar room, a bedroom that wasn't her's nor her father, yet one her silver eyes did recognize. Breathing quickly and with the nightmare still fresh in her mind, she nearly jumped as a gentle pair of arms wrapped around her.

"...It's okay, it's just a nightmare..dear," Rising out of bed and putting her arms around the girl, the blonde-haired woman with tired emerald eyes pulled the girl close to her chest, holding her as the silver-eyed girl stared up at her confused, worried, and even a little afraid she would let go: speaking quietly as she addressed the woman.

"...Baobhan had a nightmare?" The girl asked as the woman nodded, smiling gently at the girl before kissing her on the head. "...You came running in here yelling about a boogeyman, so your Father let you sleep with us," She gently explained, her voice a bit too tired as she pointed towards the door as the child's eyes drifted from it and at the armored knight who sat on the couch with a blade and shield resting at each side, while across from him, a massive wolf kept her eyes on the door. Unmoving, still like a statue, the knight in shining armor was almost frozen.

"...Why isn't Father sleeping?" The child asked as the woman laid back down in bed, taking the girl with her as she hugged her close to her chest, smiling sweetly at her as she gave a small giggle, running a hand through the child's soft red hair before answering.

"...Don't you remember? He promised to stay up all night in case the boogeyman came again, dear."

______________________________

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Next time: Chapter 63: [ Short Stories.] Act 1 End

A/n: 'Act 1 End' is in reference to the next chapter being the end of the first Act of this arc, in case anyone was confused.