Chapter Forty Five ( Hati) [ Joy To The World: For Life Has Been Born! ]

[ Chapter 45 ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

May the first, if I've been correctly keeping count and haven't lost track of time, today is the start of May and the last month for Artoria's pregnancy. Currently, I'm upstairs in our bedroom making the bed, it can get quite messy with three people sleeping in it. But I don't mind it. Artoria and Sif are currently downstairs enjoying each other's company. Honestly, when it comes to those two, I think my little woman is a bit intimidated by Sif or is it that she respects her a lot? Probably the latter as Sif usually is the one to tell me about Artoria asking for help from her when it comes to me. I'm flattered, but she doesn't have to go so far, we trust each other, and that should be enough. But, I do understand.

"Hmmm, I still remember when she tried cooking a steak... Tasted like soot, but I still liked it," I muttered to myself, smiling a little at the memory. She looked... Ahaha! She looked so nervous and ready to tear up if I didn't like it, and I didn't, but I liked that I made her happy by eating it. "Ahaha, and Sif and Merlin were placing bets on if I would say something... I hate it when those two work together, it leaves no room for me to save myself. Haha..."

Fixing the sheets and beginning to put the pillows back on the bed, I found myself wondering when the woman would inevitably poke her head into our room. Surprisingly or unsurprisingly if you ask me, Merlin being here has been a nice addition to our lives. Though I have gotta be honest, I and Artoria were a little worried we'd have to deal with her pranks, but honestly? She's been a big help when it comes to helping Artoria and preparing her for the inevitable day... But, I can't say she's been all but perfect, as she does have a habit of going into rooms without knocking first. I remember having to help dry the woman off after she walked in on Sif washing up, and my fluffy friend of course being shocked, doused her in water out of surprise and anger, that was fun.

"It's been a while since I saw ya that embarrassed girl. I think the last time was when you gained that new form of yours and I saw ya...," I said to Sif with a laugh, though she was still downstairs. Placing the pillows on the bed and taking a seat on it, I leaned forward and began staring outside the window, admiring the gentle sunlight as it lit up the room. Looking around the room, I fold my hands as I do it, taking everything in as soon...

"Huh, sooner or later... Someone's going to be crawling all over this place, heh," I said to myself, smiling a little as I imagined the little brat trying to climb off the bed. Just a little more time I think to myself. Each day makes me more and more excited for the next, as eventually, little feet are going to be running up and down these halls. I still remember my talk with Sif, though she told me herself she didn't remember much of it, she was tired after all, only just the keynotes of it. Still, that small form of hers is adorable. Artoria doesn't know about it and neither does Merlin, as Sif is a little embarrassed by transforming into what she calls "Puppy Mode". But she's been occasionally using it to rest in my lap and nap when we're alone. "It's pretty fun to pinch her cheeks, those expressions kill me..."

If I'm her little brother, I guess that makes her my big sister... Haha, my kids are gonna have a wolf aunt! I and her already have a plan to mess with the knights and my men when we come back, she'll start out in her wolf form, before surprising them all and leaving the boys on their asses.

My men, the dogs of war. Ever since the war, we haven't done much, but I wonder how they'll react to their General coming back with a girl in his arms? I know some of them are already married and have kids of their own, so maybe we can arrange playdates? Haha, I know Gaston has a son, and so does Pippin, I'm sure they're good boys, their fathers are good men after all. Still, it'll be good to see them all again, and given that Rome has a stick up their ass, we may just have a chance to show them why we're so feared once again. But besides that, I've already prepared myself to have a talk with Gawain... That girl of mine is his sister, after all, she deserves to know her family. Gawain can keep a secret, and Gareth and the rest of the younger siblings can just consider her a friend until they're older, and of course learn the truth.