Chapter Thirty Seven [ Month One ]

[ Chapter 37 ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Boredom is quite boring. It's an annoying feeling that stems from the lack of activity and interest present in your current world, for the time this terrible sickness affects you. Robbing you of all interest, yet reminds you of the ever-continuing thirst for something, something to do!

"How does that song go again...? He was singing it before they left..."

"Ah right. It goes like this..."

From counting sheep to watching paint dry. We'll do just about anything to stimulate our brain and free ourselves of the slow days that boredom brings. Hell, we'll even sing if it means we'll get something.

"Do you hear me talking to you? Across the water, across the deep blue ocean, under the open sky. Oh my, baby, I'm trying..."

"Hmm, I don't remember the rest... How does he even come up with this stuff?"

"Well, he's always been an entertainer? Why couldn't he have just done that? Haaa...."

Nevertheless, boredom is terrible, and being active is the cure. But, in this woman's case, she's finding that solution to be rather difficult. As, the terrible, terrible, sickness we call boredom is now plaguing Artoria. Laying across the couch nearest the stairs, she lazily kicked her feet up, truly an odd sight to see, knowing that this woman is considered royalty, and a king at that.

"Why did he have to go hunting? I don't understand how that fool operates sometimes... He could've stayed here, with me..." Artoria said, a bit of annoyance and frustration in her voice as she sighed, resigning herself to her fate. Waiting for her man to return home, along with the wolf that ventured alongside him.

Though in truth, since last month, and ever since they had arrived, Artoria had experienced this boredom from time to time. She was not at all used to not needing to work. Not being needed or required to do anything was quite jarring for the blonde. And unfortunately, she couldn't alleviate such a feeling as...Y/n seemed to take it upon himself to do all the housework...

The man always woke up earlier than her, and it annoyed her to no end because by the time she would awake, everything would be done! How dare he, how dare he rob her of the chance of doing work?

"Perhaps I should go talk with those out and about? They're nice people... Even if we didn't make the best first impression..." Artoria said, thinking over what she should do. The time was a little before noon, and the sun's light lit up the living room, and along with the open windows, brought in a cool breeze. Leaning up, an awkward smile found its way onto Artoria's face as she spoke.

"I didn't r-realize we had been so loud..." She muttered before shaking her head, her cheeks becoming a little pink as she let the weight fall from her shoulders. "But, I th-think we have been okay since then, seeing as they're not complaining anymore..."

Even if their "Nightly Activities" were continuing on, and continuing on they were, the duo of dog and lion did make sure to be a "little" more quiet. Still, that didn't stop both from being on the receiving end of the village's jokes, when it came to their private life... Maybe it was their way of welcoming them in, but Artoria couldn't help but feel shame and embarrassment each time, while Y/n would just laugh along and pull her closer.

"I should have asked to go with them, it's been years since I really saw nature up close?" Artoria pondered, considering changing clothes, getting some things from Y/n's closet, and finding the man. But, as quick as the thought came, Artoria remembered something, placing a hand over her stomach, nothing had changed about it, she weighed the same as she always did, but...