Chapter Sixty Five

Dogs of War [ Chapter 65 ]: Arc Four.

Title: [ The Differences Make Us Beautiful. ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______

______________

__________________

___________________

______________________

"So ole Lancelot is out looking after dear Guin, huh?" With a straw of hay in between his lips, the wolf knight's steps down the hall were gentle in contrast to his broad figure. "Well, I guess that means I'll be looking after Arthur today, hmm? ...But," Taking a moment to think, he remembered what had happened early today. "Hmm, those two should be just fine together, she's still a bit...but, she's grown up more, so I think things will be fine...maybe?"

( Maybe Gawain and I can go for a race later, my Sif versus his steed? Haha, we'll win, but I think the fresh air would...Wait, someone is walking up behind me. But why the hell is one of my men so damn silent...?) Like a dog, like a bloodhound, his senses were always at their peak, and so with a nose like a beast, the towering knight turned around to find himself in front of delicate looking maiden, a maid no less and not one of his merry men, and unfortunately for him, she may have been a bit startled at just seeing him.

"Ah! Sir Ar-Artorias, how are you today?" Without fear, her eyes were more akin to admiring if not amazed to be within his presence. Ah, a living legend, she looked at him with the same wonder children gave to the stars and heroes that defined their childhood. But with a large stack of clothes and cloth in her hands that she struggled to hold, the knight in front of her smiled under his helm and quickly addressed her.

"Dorothy, right? Wait no, your hair is green not brown like hers, though you do share similar eyes with a man I...( Wait a damn minute...)," He noted, leaning down and almost inspecting her with a quizzical eye: he noted her forest green hair and a cute face along with a set of amber eyes that he swore belonged to some else he knew. Smiling and shaking her head as she hesitantly took a step back, he went to speak but the maid beat him to it. "Uh no, Sir. It's Evergreen, my father is quite the archer you see."

"Oh, now I see where you get your hair from, haha," He placed his hands on his hips and laughed, much to the woman's relief as the man's mood seemed to wipe away her almost nervous attitude. "Haha, yes, but if you'll excuse me, I'll quickly be out of your way, Sir Y/n, I need to hurry and take these to be washed-"

"Alright, but let me help you with that then. You got too much baggage on your hands for a little body like that," Without a word, he took half of what she held and threw it over his shoulder like it was a bag of feathers, making her once wobbling arms regain some strength as she looked a bit reluctant at the idea given the difference between the two, yet even she knew to swallow the lump in her throat and not bat an eye, as arguing with a bright man like him only prolonged the inevitable.

( The next words to come out of her mouth will be "Well if you insist, then please let's hurry." )

"Well if you insist, then please let's hurry," She once again returned to motion as Y/n chuckled. "Well don't mind if I do, I was on my way to the king anyways, so I doubt he'll mind me making a stop to help a servant or two out," Y/n explained as they began their walk, earning a curious look from the young girl with long green hair that almost seemed to brighten as the light from the windows past her.

"Well then please just let me take these back," She reached for the cloth he held, only for Y/n to react in quite possibly the best way possible.

"Sorry kid, but you must be this tall to tell me what to do," With a hand raised high above her head, the girl that only reached up to his waist felt almost stunted and oddly annoyed for some reason, though she wasn't sure.