Chapter Fifty One

Dogs of War [ Chapter 51 ]: Arc Three.

Title: [ Calm Before The Storm.]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______

______________

__________________

___________________

______________________

(........Ugh...)

(.......Everything just feels weak...)

( But, I need to go wake those two up...)

(....Right, right, let's just get up...)

( Baobhan will be fine... Skoll, maybe she'll give me a break today...)

( Haa...haha... Little girl loves to sleep in...)

(...I could sleep a little more too... But, they need breakfast first...)

Another day, another reminder, another reason to raise his body out of bed. Rubbing his eyes as they opened. Gold eyes duller than brass, with small circles going around them. Slowly stretching his body, he felt too old to be so young, everything felt so stiff. Looking around, he found himself in bed, and looking to the other side of the bed, he found her missing. Surprised she had woken up before him, but as he pondered on it, he soon remembered why, and it made sense. Yet still, the information made him feel uncomfortable.

"Ahh... I'm being left with Baobhan today, right," He muttered to himself, letting out a yawn as he turned back to the window, feeling a bit of comfort as well as warmth. The sun's morning light hit him while he ran his left hand through his hair. As he pulled back his hand and stared down at his palm, he noticed a couple more strands fell into his grasp.

Red and white strands, the roses growing ever gray as he sighed.

"Haha... I wonder when I'll go gray?" He asked himself, chuckling as he pictured the image in his head. Laughing a little more while thinking of a certain someone that came to mind. "Maybe Merlin will be jealous that I stole her look? I'll still work it better than her... haha."

"Hmm, I wonder...?" He paused, his eyes softening as he thought back on the woman, it had been a very long time since he had said her name. Without a doubt he had thought of her, hell, he thought about everyone when he had nothing better to do, or just when he wanted to smile. Merlin, she was always going to be a good woman in his heart. A flower always blooming, greeting others with shine and beauty no matter their mood. At one point in his life, that woman...

She had really shown her worth...

( Foolish... But, I'd like to see her again...) He thought to himself, smiling for a moment before placing his hands on his knees and standing up. Stretching his arm out before taking in a breath, he readied himself for the day. Buttoning up his shirt, he turned around before walking out the door.

Walking out into the hall, his eyes shifted toward the direction of the kid's room, a warm look appearing in his eyes as he began walking forward. Reaching the closed door, he paused for a moment as he figured how he'd wake them, the schedule was the same every time, but as he thought... He couldn't help but feel sour, wrong even. Lowering his head, he sighed as he remembered something. His daily ritual could not continue without at least this.

"I'll be better... Your Papa promised," He muttered to himself bitterly, a look of shame in his eyes. It had been a while since that night, and it stuck with him, it couldn't leave him, and every time he stepped in front of this door...