Chapter Twenty One

[ Chapter 21 ]

Roars, cheers, and cries of joy were emptied out into the city. Filling the area, the very land with a welcoming atmosphere, greeting all who entered. Men and women alike made themselves known, giving thanks to the hundreds of thousands that marched down the paved roads. Children came running out from their homes to see. Hooves coming into contact with cobblestone, creating a beat and rhythm that persisted as they entered passed the gates.

From each side of the city, men decked in armor, fresh from war, began to enter. Welcomed as heroes, treated as men mightier than the rest, they were on the receiving end of their people's love. The long journey they had been on had come to an end, returning home to be welcomed as heroes of castle and country. The sun above shining down upon them, glorifying their form, making mere men warriors in the eyes of people. White knights that fought to the end, in order to preserve the land which they called home. The blue sky clearer than ever, as the darkness that once poisoned the whole island has disappeared.

The men who rode on horseback not only were welcomed by the voices of those they fought to protect, but with gifts from above. As from building to building, and from the streets, flowers, rose petals, and much more were tossed their way. Gifting them a prestige that would normally belong to a king, yet today such honor was shared among them. Crowning each with their own personal glory.

As the long journey had ended. The war, the fight which cost the lives of both their brothers and fathers, had come to an end only days ago. Gifting the land of Britain peace, and hope at what was to come. And, it was by the effort of these men, the ones who were welcomed as heroes, that such a thing was possible. Their fight, hardship, sacrifice, had not been in vain, as no matter what they had lost, they had won.

Their war had been one beyond the fight for the crown, beyond the desire for land, both the people and men on horseback, clad in bright silver, had fought. The war had been one for their home, a conflict that united the once split people, lords, and clan of kings. A conflict that had pulled them all together in the face of their invasion. And today, they can stand tall, proud, strong, knowing that they have won! Having vanquished the terrible dragon, the Saxons, and any threat that had come to threaten their land.

Britain was free. They, the people, had earned their liberty by the strength in their hands, the will in their heart, and the hope they forged, which continues to live on, bursting forth brighter than ever in the face of their victory. At the front of it all, the one who had led them to this serenity, the man who had stood up and dared to challenge the tyrant king, fighting, leading, for over ten years. Today rode into his country, crown atop his head, with an aura of brilliance surrounding him. The King of the Britains, he had been the one to fulfill the prophecy, leading his men to victory.

"It's King Arthur!"

My, what a wonderful day! Everyone just seems so lively! Merlin thought to herself, smiling contently. The woman looked and waved at the many she passed. The bright atmosphere being one she enjoyed, a natural optimist who pointed forward.

She had watched the final battle, the one that had signaled the end of this war. Having seen much of the action outside, yet her view had been obscured when it came to the battle of her king's, Vortigern having created an effect much similar to presence concealment. One that was strong enough to hide from her eyes. As, only up until the castle had fallen, the magus could only place her faith in Arthur, having not been worried for the man's safety in the slightest.

"Ah, but it seems some of us aren't as welcoming to their praise, right, Y/n boy?" Merlin asked with a smile, looking over to the man in front of her. The two rode atop Sif, as Y/n led his men through the celebration. The red head looked rather... "My, it seems you'll never get used to the crowds, grown yet still a child, aren't you?" Merlin teased, causing Y/n to stop looking forward and turn his head a little to face her, giving the smiling woman an annoyed look with his eyes.