32. Contract

An unfamiliar feeling set deep down in my stomach

An unfamiliar feeling set deep down in my stomach. My alarm clock was background music whereas I was just looking at the ceiling, rethinking my life choices. For the entire night, I didn't sleep for a blink and kept thinking about all sorts of things I'm going to face tomorrow— which is tomorrow!

"It's tomorrow already!" I asked myself, my hands tugging by the hair while the hard realization hit me. 

Tomorrow is already today.

My eyes widened when I saw the time on the alarm clock. In exactly two hours I had an interview with Mr. Kim Seokjin, CEO of JinHit. Nervousness filled my body once again— not only I was nervous and overwhelmed by the interview but also, I was tense, unsure, and overwhelmed about my future.

They are going to eat me alive.

Models need to go through various shows and even colleges to get through this position, they need experience and here I'm, still a learner getting there. 

This sounds like a mockery.

I gulped and shook my head, trying to clear my mind from all these thoughts. I stood up and walked toward the bathroom. After taking a nice refreshing shower I felt relaxed as if all thoughts washed away, but they all come back again as soon as I open my wardrobe.

First impressions are the last impression.

What impression, remember we already made a shitty clown out of ourselves? It doesn't matter.

But still, it's my interview? at JinHit. I should be perfect.

"That's right! I'm going to be perfect but..." I trailed, "What am I going to wear?" 

Another dilemma.

After trying so many dresses, I finally decided to wear a simple white dress with a brown blazer, ending it with a pair of sneakers. It was basic but it was the best, not too casual nor too flashy, perfect for anything. Doing a little bit of makeup I took my purse, the only thing I could take with me right now. Unlike other candidates, I didn't have any quantifications or a portfolio. I walked out of my room and saw three poor boys sitting at the dining table, staring at the space blankly.

"Who died?" I asked and sat at the table. Their heads turned toward me and made me realize how similar our condition was. Red eyes, dark circles under the eyes, and a dead expression. 

Thanks to the person who invented makeup, especially foundation.

"Me, in some times," Taehyung stated. 

"I still can't believe it." Jimin slurred.

"Believe what?" I asked even though I knew the answer, we all did.

"That my crush is dating my other crush. My other crush is talking to someone capable of ruining our life completely. That someone whom we talked shit about in front of him, prank him and he knows all." Jungkook continued, making me choke on my water.