47. Jealous

Seokjin's point of view

I walked away from Namgihope when I saw they had their team ready to play doubles. Namjoon and Yoongi were one team, and Hoseok and I were going to another but I already saw a brunette standing beside Hoseok. She was dressed in a tennis dress which awfully matched Hoseok's tennis outfit— I rolled my eyes and occupied the empty tennis court which was on the other side of the hotel.

I needed to let off some steam and I thought I would join them for tennis but they already had company. And if I join them now, that would be awkward and uninvited. It was fine, it wasn't a big problem. I wasn't in a good mood to handle them today anyways.

I turned on the tennis ball machine and set its speed. I strolled to the other side and waited for the machine to deliver the ball. I struck the ball with the force of all the anger I had inside me. My mind wasn't able to forget the incident of last night. I clenched my racket and hit the ball harder as I remember how she cried, how she cried because of me.

When I wasn't able to answer her questions, she cried more, shattering my heart. It hurt the core of my heart to see her crying, even more when the reason was me. I was supposed to make her smile but I became the reason for her sadness. I never felt this pathetic in my life, I couldn't do anything. I couldn't answer her questions even though I wanted to, I couldn't take away her sorrow and replace it with nothing but love and happiness but I couldn't.

"Fuck." I muttered as I beat the hollow ball making a loud noise that filled the empty court.

The ride back to the hotel was silent, not once did she look at me, let alone talk to me. As soon as we reached the hotel room she locked herself in the master bedroom, and kept it locked until morning. I didn't mind sleeping on the sofa, but what I wanted was her embrace. I wanted to sleep with her cuddling me, with her warmth and silly annoying jokes.

I thought her jokes were dumb, and her loud personality was sometimes annoying.

Now, there is nothing more annoying than her silence and uninterested eyes. I would rather have her jumping around me with her sparkling eyes, eager to tell me whatever she has in her mind.

I remember how she didn't even acknowledge me this morning, as if I didn't exist. I was sitting on the sofa, but she walked past me like I was invisible. That left a bitter taste in my mouth. I struck the ball harder, letting out all my emotions on the poor tennis ball.

"Good morning!" My eyes fell on an uninvited and unwanted presence. I glared at her because instead of minding her business she stopped the machine and stood in front of me. "Don't hit my face, I've got a show this evening." Hayoon picked up a ball and took her position.

"Why the fuck are you here?" I asked, my voice showed how much unwanted her presence was.

"Geez Seokjin, I'm here to play tennis."

"Go play on the other side, leave me alone."

"They are already four and they don't like me that much. I wonder why." Her eyes narrowed.