39. Trip

Seokjin's point of view

I opened my eyes and found myself amid the black void. My head tilted, eyebrows creased and I looked here and there, trying to find so many answers.

Where am I? How did I get here? Why am I here? What the fuck is this place? And-

My thoughts halted when I saw a bright light forming in front of me, and soon a familiar figure came out of that bright light.

"Sunhee?" I called out her name and tried to reach her but I couldn't. As if my legs were glued to the spot I was standing. I looked down at my feet and tried to move them but it was all in vain. "Sunhee-" I once again called her and looked at her but words halted at the tip of my tongue when I saw her face morphed into disgust; tears streaming down from her cheeks. Seeing her like this made my heart clench and I wanted to embrace her and wipe away her tears- but I couldn't do it.

"How could you!?" She yelled, making me confused.

"What?" I asked, genuinely confused about what she was talking about.

"You're married!" She cried.

My face lost its color and my heart hammered in my chest. As if the world around me stopped- Sunhee stood there motionless, as if she had no soul; as if she was a mere statue. I opened my mouth to speak to her, but before words could leave my mouth my surroundings changed; altered into another
place and time.

Serene music played, and the perfect harmony of the piano and the violin filled the atmosphere; along with some hushed whispers of the guest. I looked at myself, I was in a crisp black suit, and shiny leather shoes.

An attire, very accurately similar to my wedd-

"Kim Seokjin," a gruff voice called out my name. I looked up and stared at the old priest. "Do you take Kim Hayoon to be your wife? Do you promise to be faithful to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and to honor her all the days of your life?"

I slowly shook my head, I didn't want this. I peeked beside me and saw Hayoon who was standing there. I looked back to the priest and gasped, taking a few steps back because the way he was staring at me made my skin crawl, and goosebumps spread all over my body.

"Do you take Kim Hayoon to be your wife? Do you promise to be faithful to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and to honor her all the days of your life?" He yelled, taking steps toward me whereas I took steps backward until I felt a dark presence behind me. I turned around, my face twisted into utter horror when I saw my parents looking at me the same way the priest was looking at me. I slowly moved away from them, even though my legs were shaking. My knees buckled when more people joined my parents and priest. I could see the familiar faces; Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok.

My eyes searched for Hayoon, she was the only one who was normal here and who could save me but my heart fell when I saw her figure running away with a man. Now I was all alone-