38. Ethereal

"Since how long have you been waiting?"

It was the first thing that left my mouth. My eyes checked him up and down, hoping he would think that 'she is looking at me because she was not expecting me here' when the truth is I was checking him out because he looked too hot.

"Well, apparently waiting for one hundred and thirty minutes." He replied after looking at his rolex.

I knew he would be waiting here— he did wait for 2 and a fucking half hour.

"Why?" I asked, again.

"Why? Well as CEO of JinHit, I should be the first person to see you after your first gig." His words made me chuckle, and I genuinely smiled for the first time today.

"Do you do this with every artist under JinHit?" I asked, knowing the answer very well. He didn't reply, instead he opened the car door for me.

"Get in, or otherwise you will have your next scandal and believe when I say it won't be good for you if you get into one."

"What will you do if I get into one? Punish me?" I asked, leaning my face close to him— so close I could smell his cologne. Even though it was dark at the back of the studio, just a small street light at the end, yet I could see his face turning a light shade of red, his eyes dilating a little. I smirked when I heard no comments or snarky remarks from him. I backed away and sat inside, getting comfortable inside his ferrari. I saw him closing the door and getting inside— buckling his seatbelt.

Oh, I forgot to buckle mine.

Before my hands could reach the seatbelt, I froze when I felt his presence invaded my personal space. His hands extended to grip the seatbelt and with a click he buckled it. I looked up— my eyes widened when I saw how close his face was to mine. I felt my cheeks heating up, and I'm pretty sure he noticed that even if the glasses of the windows were tinted— because a taunting smirk formed on his lips, telling he knew the effect he had on me. He backed away and turned the ignition on. One hand on the clutch while the other was in the steering wheel.

I took a harsh gulp, diverting my eyes to the tinted window, watching the static scenery slowly moving and soon it became motion blurred. The ride was silent, except the noise of his fingers tapping on the steering wheel.

Why is he ain't talking?

I sneakily looked at him, definitely the reason to come here wasn't 'you're JinHit employee so I came to see you' shit. I was very well aware it was something else— and also aware of what something else was. Just, I was not sure about it if that something else was the something else I had in mind.

Maybe I'm just overthinking a lot?

"So…" Finally! "How was your day?" Fuck.
What was I supposed to say to him?

"It was good?" I tried to sound affirmative but my sentence came out as a question filled with uncertainty. He looked at me with a skepical look on his face and at that moment I knew I fucked up.