37. Exposure

TW: Dark side of the industry

Sunhee's point of view

My eyes glanced at the streets which were hastily passing away as the car moved ahead. I was in the backseat, whereas Heesu was sitting beside me. It was a huge surprise to me when Heesu informed me that the company provided my own car.

I mean rookie models don't get this right?

Then again, rookie models don't get jobs in JinHit, don't get a big gig so soon and rookie models don't create a huge scandal on their first day.

Anyways, as we got close to the location, my anxiety began to rise. Sure, after talking with Jin my heart and mind were at ease. He was the only reason I could clear my head and sleep well last night, if it wasn't for him I would have been looking like a zombie. But when the morning came and I realized it was actually D-Day, everything came crashing down. At this point, my hands were sweaty and my legs were shaking so badly. My mind is surrounded by awful thoughts.

What if I can't do good and make a fool out of myself? What if I can't cooperate and understand what the photographer wants from me? What if I mess up!? Make mistakes!?

It's not me, I'm not just Sam Sunhee representing here, it's Sam Sunhee, a JinHit model who is representing today. I'm not carrying my dignity on my shoulder, but the dignity of JinHit, and most importantly Jin. He has put so many expectations and trust in me, that I couldn't let him.

For him, I must do good. I must make him proud, and I shouldn't disappoint him.

I mentally shook my head, promising myself to do my best, for Jin. I will do my best and will make-

My train of thoughts halted when Heesu gently placed her hand on my shoulder. I tore away my gaze from the window after realizing the car stopped.

"We are here." She informed me. I nodded, and once again the fear and anxiety began to fill my head- not even a moment ago I was trying to motivate myself, trying to fade every ounce of insecurity and anxiety I had but now I'm even more scared than I already was.
"Hey," She called out my name. "Are you alright?" She asked, clearly concerned.

"I..." I trailed. "I'm fine." I fake a smile and lie. She wasn't too convinced by my answer, her eyes were still on my face looking for the actual answer. "Really Heesu, I'm fine." I lied once again.

"Alright, but remember Ms. Sam, I'm here for you. We might not know each other much, but I can assure you I can be there for you if you ever need to know." A small but warm smile made its place on my lips.

"I'm just a little nervous. You know-"

"It's okay Ms. Sam, it's okay to be nervous. I was too, I was so nervous on my first day and I almost passed out when the CEO called me to his cabin. I thought he was gonna fire me because he got to know I messed up the coffee machine on the first day, first hour I should say- oh my god, I'm sorry. I'm oversharing, I'm sorry I had a habit of oversharing." Her cheeks flared red in embarrassment which made me chuckle.