40. Wet Sloth

Sunhee's point of view

"Could you please go a bit faster, I'm in a hurry." The cab driver eyed me from the rear mirror, nodding at me as he sped up. I looked outside, my feet tapping in anxiety. He told me to be at the airport in an hour, and it's just ten minutes to go; to complete one hour.

I sighed, the audacity of this man. He contacted me after ignoring me for the entire two days— well lowkey I was hiding too. Like I was too embarrassed to go in front of him or contact him after what happened at the cliff. He didn't message, I didn't message. He didn't come to visit me, I didn't go to visit him.

And calling me suddenly out of nowhere and ordering me to be at the airport sounded so— sudden. I wonder what was going on in his head. A soft blush spread across my cheeks as his words rang in my head.

'We are having a trip together, Sunhee.'

I blushed more as I fangirled. This sounded straight out of some kdrama where male lead surprises the female lead with a trip to Jeju. I'm pretty sure he's taking me to Jeju, so romantic. My lips stretched into a wide grin, but soon stopped smiling when the harsh reality hit me.

What happened in the clip was enough to make me realize Seokjin doesn't have any feelings for me. If he had, then he would have kissed me under the enchanting moonlight and made our moment like some sort of fantasy novel but he didn't and I end up making myself a big fat joke.

Then if he don't like me, then why this trip?

"Madam, we are here." My train of thoughts came to halt when the driver spoke, I was so lost in my own world I didn't realize we reached it. I nodded, getting out of the taxi with my bags and after giving him the fare I began to dart to the entrance. My eyes widened when I saw some reporters standing at the entrance.

"What the fuck are they doing here!" I whispered to myself— but hissed when I remembered Namgihope and Hayoon were going to Paris to attend fashion week. I was sleeping and missed the airport live. Anyways, it was a good thing the driver dropped me off far away from the entrance otherwise…

"Today's headline: JinHit model dropping off at the airport in a taxi."

But just because they didn't see me getting off from a taxi didn't mean I'm not going to be in the headlines. My stomach dropped when I realized how I looked right now. Wet hair because I didn't have time to dry them and no makeup because again I didn't have time.

If you compare me with a wet sloth and me the only difference will be my bomb outfit.

If not for them, I would look like a Sid from the Ice Age.

I sighed, either way I have to cross these reports to get into the airport. I ran my finger through my hair, and walked forward with my head high; oozing the fake confidence but in reality I was so nervous. As soon as they saw me, their eyes widened. Either they were terrified of how scary I looked or they were not expecting me. I prefered the last option.