This Is How I Met You Kim Taehyung (Part 2)

~ Summary ~

Two people have been friends for two decades, but a mere weeks of living together blurs that fine line between love and friendship.

• A day before -

Author POV

Being intertwined with each other isn't an unfamiliar position to be in to them, they've fallen asleep this way more times than they could count. It was all too normal.

Jimin POV

We held each other tighter that night, knowing that the moment the sun was to rise, it would be time to start letting go. Not forever, but away from their old normal to a new one. Packing up an apartment is worse than enduring a leg day and dance practice all in the same day, Jimin thinks. It's even more difficult trying to do it while hiding the occasional tears that slipped him here and there. (Jimin had to go into the bathroom and give himself a pep talk before coming in here to join Taehyung). I couldn't hold and said "I'm gonna miss this tae, I'm crazily gonna miss you, who's gonna make me smile after you" he hugged me and said "I promise to call you every night no matter how busy i get to make you smile" and he asked me for a promise and I could never say no to " jimin-ah after I go to Seoul you'll take care of yourself, you won't skip any meals, you don't need to diet coz I love the way you are and you don't need to change yourself for anyone, if someone loves you, they'll love you no matter what, how you look would never matter. Please call me anytime let it be a day or night call me if you feel sad or something happens don't keep it to just yourself call me instant" and with a tear in my eyes and few unspoken words which I know he could read without me saying it, all I did was hugged him as a promise " I'll miss you tae" "I'll miss you too jimin-ah" we slept together hugging and cuddling whole night, I didn't really want this night to end I didn't want morning to come..

The next day he woke up before me, got ready, and made breakfast for us... And with a huge pout I kept complaining "Tae why didn't you wake me up, I would have helped you in making breakfast. "You looked peaceful and beautiful so i couldn't wake you up" with him saying this it turned me red like a tomato. I walked nuzzled myself in his neck as a part of a habit of years god I'm gonna miss this, after a few minutes of hugging. I finally made myself ready. "Do you need this?," I ask, picking up one of the many plain black t-shirts that are on Taehyung's bed. He knows him, maybe a bit too well, and he can tell his best friend is trying his absolute best not to sound sad. Yet it seems that they're both failing. "Do you like this one?" "Not really," Taehyung tells him, "I'm pretty sure I have like three other ones the same as it in here." "Good, cause I'm taking it," with a satisfying smile I folded and placed it securely in his arms. "It's mine now." "Not fair. He says ''If you get something of mine, it is only honorable if you allow me to do the same." ignoring the fact that this feels like they're exchanging parting gifts. "But I'll allow that, I am not unkind. Let me think of something you'll like." I gave the shirt I was wearing which I know he absolutely loves.

Finally we headed to the station. "Don't I get a goodbye hug?'' I asked in an attempt to lighten the mood, but more emotion came out into the words than he had initially wanted to allow. "No," Taehyung finally looks at me. He walks and leans over, carefully to not let any of the bags hit me, and presses a gentle peck on my forehead with teary eyes "I'll be a bit further away now, but I'll always keep the promise I made to you on that sunny grass, okay? I'll always take care of you and protect you in every way I can. It's not goodbye.

We finally reached the station and it felt the way was too short. All I wanted was a longer route so I could spend more and more time with him. We reached on the time, the train was at the platform, i hugged him again and again till the train was about to leave, holding me in his embrace he whispered " I'll come for vacation and I'll spend whole vacation with you", "really" "yes, really" "you promise" " yes, I promise" intertwining our pinkies we promised not leaving eye contact for a single minute, some childhood habits never go after all " I'll call you once I reach there" "I'll wait for your call". We did our final goodbyes And I stood there till the train disappeared..