The Mess I Got Into ( Part 1 )

He does something to me, that boy. Every time. It’s his only detriment. He steps on my heart. He makes me cry.

Jimin pov

It was pouring outside and gusty winds, thunder and lightning had accompanied the rain with no warning. Wasn't the sky all clear until now? I stepped out of the tub and walked towards the window. Afterall, what can be better than the dim light, candles around, a glass of champagne with low music and watching the drops fall from your window? I love to admire the beauty of people and the world. The sky was tar-black, A homely, baked-earth smell rose from the land. People ran for cover outside and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spat out their beads of water. Puddles began plinking as the rainfall became heavier. The roofs of the cars danced with spray and I could hear the murmuring of the rain through the window. It sounded like the buzzing of an angry bee. The sound of thunder was loud but the sound of rain was soothing, that makes the beauty of everything increase ten fold. I have always considered the rain to be healing—a blanket—the comfort of a friend.

I heard my phone vibrating ( 5 missed calls from Taehyung. This guy is gonna kill me) It vibrated again. I took a deep breath and I instantly received the call. I know what's to come next.

Tae - Where were you? Why are you not receiving my calls? What are you doing? ( He was literally screaming through the phone)

Me - I'm so sorry, My phone was in vibration mode, i didn't realise you were calling. I just saw my phone now. Sorry, if I made you worried. (He sighed, i continued) And I'm doing nothing much, admiring rain, missing you and having a good time. What about you? How's the party? Are you two enjoying it?

Tae - I miss you too. God! if you won't have received the call i was planning to leave.
( A long pause ) Are you with someone? (Gosh, disrespect. I told him I want time for myself and I'm not calling anyone and yet he wants to confirm it? won't he just believe me?)

Me - The disrespect, Taehyung. Don't you trust me? You called me to check if I'm with someone? not to check if I'm alright? I think I had high expectations from you and you disappointed me. Didn't I tell you I don't have any such plan, if I would have i would have told you.

Tae - I'm sorry, it's not that I don't trust you, it's just me overthinking plus you were not receiving calls. What do you expect me to think? I know I'm overreacting but I can't help it. I easily get possessive, please forgive me. I don't know how to explain this to you but I have a reason to act like this. I'm sorry to spoil your mood. (Silence, we both took a deep breath to calm down and tried changing the topic) Anyways the party is okay, nothing is really fun if you're not there.

Me - Really? Mr. Dramatic. I really don't understand you, tae. We promised we would never keep secrets from each other but all we do is lie and hide things. I think we have stopped being honest with each other. It's high and we need to talk about it.

Tae - (He sighed) okay, we'll talk once I'm back. Jungkook have already left long back so i think he got someone to fuck so i doubt he'll be home, as for me i have plans. So don't wait for us. We'll be home tomorrow and lock the doors properly, if anything call me.

Me - I'm not a kid anymore so don't worry. And yes, I'll call you if I need you. Bye. (A part of me didn't like hearing Jungkook is with someone else but the other rational part of me knows he doesn't owe me anything as we are not together)