This Is how I Met You Jeon Jungook ( Part 2)

I opened my mouth, almost said something. Almost. The rest of my life might have turned out differently if I had. But i didn't.

The mess i got into - 2

Present Day - Jimin POV

I quickly ran to the bathroom and had the longest shower as my body was completely exhausted. When I was done with shower I walked to my room to wear warm and comfortable clothes. I chose to wear a Taehyung shirt as it's my favourite, which I took from him before he left for Seoul. I have treasured and kept it in good condition even after so many years. Luckily I have not grown much. The fit of the shirt fits me well. I wore his shirt and trousers and walked out of the room towards the kitchen. I could hear those two talking, so I walked in the direction of the voice. There they were bickering over god knows what? They both look like married couples bickering over everything. What are you guys fighting about? I asked. As they saw me, they both stopped. "Hey, you're on time, the food is ready. Let's eat?" Jungkook said. This was the first time Jungkook spoke to me. It's odd, since the time I have come here I have seen a cold Jungkook. This Jungkook with a wide smile and warm voice is new, maybe I'm judging him too much. I just smiled and walked towards them. He continued "We have cooked your favourite dishes, I'm not as good a cook as Taehyung used to cook back then but I have put in a lot of effort today, so i hope you'll like it?" Woh! This was the longest sentence he has said. Jimin, you better start talking, he's trying his best to welcome you, please stop overthinking and get hold of yourself, i thought. "It smells amazing, can't wait to taste it". I said with a smile and he smiled too. This was the first time he smiled looking at me and God that smile can do miracles, make anyone fall for him, even me. "Do you need any help? I asked to keep the conversation going. "No, today is your first day here so you just sit and enjoy the food, rest leave on us, right tae-tae? Taehyung nodded. Soon Jungkook and Tae got Tteokbokki, Rice Bowls, Kimchi, Pot Gamjatang, Samgyeopsal and Naengmyun as if there was some sort of feast. "Why did you cook so much? Are there more people coming? Isn't it too much for the 3 of us? They both laughed looking at each other and I looked at them dumbfounded, I don't know why they both were laughing? What's so funny? After a few more seconds of laughing and seeing me confused. Taehyung said "That's what we were bickering about before you joined us, we wanted to welcome you with good food and we ended up cooking all of it. Our Jungkookie thought of ordering more food from out as he was not sure you'll like his cooking. I told him it's tasty and you'll be fine but he was not listening". "Okay! if that's the case then we better start eating before it gets cold and I'll tell you if i like it or not? And Jungkook, I'm a foodie and food critic so I'll give you my honest opinion. I said. " Well, the pressure I have now. Mr. Critics please taste and tell me how the food is? We all laughed and started eating. I took a bite and all the eyes were on me, waiting for my response. It was tasty, I honestly loved it. "Well, not bad. I'm impressed, you did a great job", I just leaned forward and patted his head. He looked at me with an unreadable expression. We were back to the expression I saw when I entered the house but then Taehyung laughed for god knows why? We both saw each other for the last time before we went back to eating and pretending nothing happened. The tension between us was a lot to handle, I really thought we were getting along for a while but there is a lot more to it with that look, I'm not sure how I'm gonna survive.

After eating we decided to have some drinks, Taehyung got a wine bottle as a welcome gift and who am I to say no? While we talk about here and there. I asked Taehyung a lot of questions about how he is. Is he eating on time? How is work going? Will I do good? Did he miss me? The more we kept drinking the more questions I asked. I always wanted to ask Taehyung a question which i never did so without thinking much i asked "Taehyung have you ever loved anyone, for that matter liked anyone? I have known you for my whole life but we never talked about your love life, you never told me about it" Jungkook and Taehyung shared a look which i couldn't understand, which means Jungkook knows something that i don't know about my best friend or are they dating each other? but even if they bicker like a couple, the way they look at each other tells a different story. What is it that I don't know? What's that secret? Why didn't Taehyung tell me? After a minute of silence he said "Yes", "really, who? why didn't you tell me?" He just smiled, a sad smile I could tell there is a lot more to it. "Enough about me, what about you? Do you like someone?" He was not looking at me which means he was hiding something from me, I could sense it, the tension. "Yes" I said, and they both turned to me, completely shocked. "What? Who?" Jungkook asked. I didn't get why it mattered to him? My love life or my life have nothing to do with him so why is he reacting such. What's with this reaction? "Who? Why didn't you tell me?" This time it was Taehyung who asked. "For the same reason you've not told me, when you'll tell me, I'll tell you too". As childish as it sounds, I wanted an escape to get out of this conversation. Was I ready to share this secret I have kept for so long with me? No, absolutely no. There was a lot to risk and I wasn't ready to risk it, at least not now. I started drinking again. We all went silent, all in our own world or it was alcohol playing with our minds. I was back to the thought of tomorrow when Taehyung won't be with me. Tomorrow it'll be just me and Jungkook and god knows how it's gonna be? Will this tension ever get less between us? Why is he so cold and distant from me? As alcohol took a toll on me I dozed off there on the sofa with all those thoughts.

Hi fam,

I'm so grateful for all the kudos 🤍

Sorry for last week, i have updated whenever i got time or i could write. But from this week I'll try to update on given days.

Stay healthy, stay strong.