This is how I met you Kim Taehyung - Part 2 - Jungkook POV

"I don't think it ever stops hurting, giving somebody the best of you and watching them choose somebody else".

Flashback (Jungkook POV)

Working with Bighit was a dream come true. All the hard work put in to reach here was fruitful. After getting selected for bighit, we both decided to go to our favourite club and celebrate the night for our better future and success with our few friends. To give us the good time we deserve. The club was crowded, people enjoying drinks, dancing, the loud music, some people making out. We walked into a few familiar faces. Taehyung being a model and a social butterfly had a lot of people knowing him, while he was busy talking to others, I made my way to the bar stool and ordered Whisky for myself. My eyes roamed around to see the surroundings til my eyes landed on the person who holds my heart " Taehyung " He was busy talking to some of our common friends. Laughing, chit-chatting, smiling, he looks gorgeous as always. I admired his beauty for some time and walked back to him, giving him a Rum. After a few drinks we were having a good time, we walked to the dance floor. Me and Taehyung danced like there's no tomorrow. Having him this close to me, swaying our bodies together, dancing in rhythm, holding hands, holding each other, god i live for these moments. As alcohol was hitting me, holding myself from not kissing him was so hard. Before I could do something I regret, he saw Kim Seokjin. He excused himself and walked to him, I knew exactly how this night was gonna end. This isn't the first time this has happened, this has always been the same. We walking in to club, getting high, dancing together or with strangers and he walking out to get laid with someone. Not that I blame him, he is enjoying his time and one night stands were common to Taehyung. He has been like this for a long time now.

This started after Jimin started dating some guy. That was the first time he walked in with some random dude to the dorm room. The night was a nightmare to me. He asked me if I could give the room to them for sometime. I just walked out and stood near the door to comprehend what happened? I heard I'm moaning, tears were in my eyes. I walked as far as I could till my legs would give up. I cried, my heart ached and pain was unbearable. Thought after thoughts making my mind to exploit. Why is he doing this to himself? Why doesn't he just confess his feelings to Jimin? Why am I doing this to myself? Why am I not confessing my love to him? What's holding us back? Maybe fear of losing the person we love with our whole heart but how far is this gonna go? Does this even have an end?. After a few hours I got a call from him saying it's done and I can go back to the dorm. He was out, he'll be back after sometime to which I was thankful, I don't want to see him, not at least now. I went back, the room was neat and clean as nothing happened. I shut all my thoughts and walked to my bed, as I didn't want to see him and talk, I tried sleeping. After a few minutes I heard the door open, he was back. I pretended to sleep while he was talking to someone on call. As i was completely drained i didn't realise when i dozed off. Next day we pretended like nothing happened and things got back to normal. It went on, at first it was once in a while but later it became frequent, especially with Kim Seokjin.

Years passed, after our graduation I moved to an apartment. The apartment was huge enough for 3. Honestly when I rented it, I wanted to share it with Taehyung. I even asked Taehyung if he wanted to share the apartment, but he denied as he already has plans to move to a flat next to Kim Seokjin. No matter how much I hate the fact of him moving there, I can't do much about it. Don't get me wrong, I truly respect their friendship. But the fact of them being fuck buddies makes me go haywire. I can't force him to love me as he never saw me more than a friend, I'm just his best friend. So I'll play my part of being his best friend and keep a tight rein on my feelings.

Everything changed except our friendship. I don't know if I should be grateful or cry over it. As days passed our friendship grew stronger, we were inseparable. I can read him like an open book regardless how many masks he puts on being fine, nothing really hides from me. Even if he says he is over Jimin i know he never did, no matter how many people he flirts with, sleeps with. His heart still belongs to Jimin and that hurts, he always asked me why Jimin can't see his love? Now that I think of it, he also never really saw my love either.