1. First Day Back

Lalisa Manoban had never imagined herself being a teacher. Sure, when she was 12 it had been an obvious option, as she looked towards her own teachers and thought of all the ways she could be a much better. But she never thought she'd actually be one. She'd always dreamed of being a music producer, but that dream became too far from reality so Lisa reassessed her options.

So here she was 14 years later about to start her 3rd year working as a music teacher at Rainbow High University. Music had always been the girls passion, from around the age of 15 when she learnt the guitar to when she first tried the piano and fell in love with that too. She was overall glad she made a job out of something she loved so much, and looked forward to the new adventures each day would bring, even if she never got the produced gig.

________________________________

It was 8am and Lisa had just ordered her usual black coffee from the cafe around the corner from Rainbow High. She needed it if she was to get through the long day.

The first day back to a new school year was always a boring one, it would start out with the morning lecture from the principle, her dad, and then the usual pleasantries would be exchanged in her classes and the topic of 'summer vacation' would undoubtedly come up, and all her students would chatter about all the parties they went to and how drunk they got on that night by the beach. So, what did Lisa do this summer? Absolutely nothing.

The odd day out with some close friends or family but the rest was just spent mixing, grading papers or lying in bed. Awesome. That was how Lisa spent most of her 'holidays', but then again that's how she liked them. Never being a people person, most of her teenage years the brunette kept to herself, many nights spent in her room furiously scribbling down odd melodies as they came to her and perfecting them on her guitar. She never let anyone hear her music, apart from her mother that was, until she landed her job at Rainbow High and was forced to showcase a little, she still had her private melodies that she'd had for years though, ones that no one would hear.

Lisa sighed as she pulled through the gates, parked and began walking up the set of stone steps towards the staff room, still steaming cup of black coffee in her hands. A few students greet her with the usual 'Hey Miss Manoban' to which she turns to give them a quick wave and a smile before continuing on her way. The Rainbow High building was old, not ancient, but the brickwork was classic. Yet inside, the place was severely modernised and the halls were filled with pictures of students in their elements. Lisa smiled as she passed them, she hasn't seen them in over 6 weeks, before remembering why she was here and groaning to herself.

But of course, there was one thing that could make this day more interesting. Bambam. Bambam was the English teacher at Rainbow High. But he was also one of Lisa's closest friends, and like herself, from Thailand. He had wormed his way into Lisa's heart, through much defence from the petite brunette, and now after 3 years together at Rainbow High, Lisa had let him in. He was a goofy guy with a boyish grin and witty humour, but he cared so much for Lisa and she could always go to him if she ever needed help or a favour. He was the type of guy that girls would die for, with his constant movie references and charming looks. Lisa didn't feel this attraction, and although Bambam had tried it once in their first year, Lisa quickly shot him down and the pair had stayed as simply close friends ever since.

Thinking of Bambam, Lisa pushed open the door to the staff room and revealed a few teachers preparing for the upcoming day, some with books and papers in their hands, others just chilling and chatting with their fellow colleagues. She scanned the room briefly for anyone interesting before shrugging.

Lisa turned to put her coffee down on the large table in the centre of the room when she was enveloped in a bear hug. Bambam.

"Lis, it's good to see you, what'd you get up to? How've you been?" He said, not letting go of Lisa.

"Dude, get off me already," Lisa proclaimed, before turning to properly talk to Bambam, "and it's good to see you too Sherlock, I did jack shit this holidays but yeah I'm good, you?" She continued.

"I'm good thanks, ready for the year, I have a feeling it's gonna be a good one" Bambam nudged her slightly as he took a seat at the long table in the middle of the room.

Lisa simply shrugged and smiled in response as her father walking in and began his principal speech. She sighed as she slumped down in her seat and scanned the room for the nearest exit after her father had finished.

☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆
Pls vote & comment! 🐿🐥

The original story is from x_writer23
Please check out her stories! ❤

The original story is from x_writer23 Please check out her stories! ❤