[2] NIGHTMARE

It was liquid like water.
I took out my tongue from my mouth to taste and it tastes like water.
Now, my midriff too felt damp.
As if it was raining and I was drenched. I moved out of my nightmare and opened my eyes instantly as soon the voice reached my ears.

"Bhaiya your coaching is there at seven. You said to wake you up before six in the morning. See, it's already half past six. Don't blame me later", the chirping spokesperson was Ananya.

Coaching!

I jerked off the blanket from my face and body to check the time. Throwing the wet blanket on the floor I rushed to my study table to see the time on my brand new smartphone I got on my birthday. Well, I don't like clocks in my room. Time everywhere. My mind is my clock.

There were still five minutes left to strike the clock to six.
Does that mean, Ananya, duped me?
My jaws clenched turning back and saw her standing there with a bucket in her hands.

There was a triumphant smirk plastered onto her lips.

This eight years old little brat.

"Ananya, I told you to wake me up at six not when it's still five minutes remaining to strike six", I shouted gritting my teeth while she giggled.

Morning sleep is precious.
Why can't they grab this tiny percept?
I read somewhere that waking up someone from their sleep can damage their nerve cells causing them to die or get insane. Either they wake up from themselves or you can produce some soft music to their ears but no. God, I'm going to die soon as they wake me up like this every morning splashing water. Huh!

"Tch. Tch Tch. Tch. You know why I did that bhaiya yesterday you did the same", sternly saying that she giggled at my wet face retorting back at me, and ran out of the room before I could catch her.

I wiped my face and tried to imitate her by following but my foot got stuck in the blanket I threw minutes before on the floor and my face met with the white marble.

Ugh!

Karma is a payback!
My mother strictly warned me to neatly fold the bedsheets and blanket when we are awake. She believes that now I'm eighteen I should think of my responsibilities as a responsible citizen and the practice starts from home. But I did reverse.

Hissing in pain I stood up and saw Ananya teasing me standing at the threshold.

I stood to run behind her when she went on running the stairs down and my footsteps approached her.

"Ananya Ruk Ja Warna Acha Nahi Hoga", I yelled following her behind to the downstairs.

(Ananya, stop otherwise it won't be good)

"Bhaiya, Remember how you sprinkled water on my face when I was sleeping peacefully yesterday evening", she shouted, her breath getting heavier.

She shouldn't run fast. I have to stop her. If we continue this running game she might faint. My mind alerted me. I'm such a jerk to run behind her even when I know I won't even touch her hair for this silly fight.

Still, we do this act of running behind each other. Siblings will be siblings no matter elder or younger.

"Ananya okay I'm sorry. I apologize please stop now", I shouted and catch her wrist when we reached the living room snagging our breaths.

Her breathing was getting harsher with each passing second. I jogged to her room nearby and pushed open the door, my feet slipping like a zipper on the marble. I checked the drawer on the table next to her bed.