[23] A FAVOUR

It was nine at night and Advait was still in the office working on the cases to study and sign them.

"Sir it's almost nine. Everybody is gone. You should leave too."

Advait heard Govind Ji speaking as he was indulged in reading the file and writing the necessary benefits of schemes to a widow lady.

"Work is important Govind Ji. What I will do at home knowing I could do the work of a lady who needs food and household stuff. I won't get the proper sleep."

He signed at last while the file was done.
"Here this is. First, go with Imran and hand the pending ration to this woman's house right away."

Govind Ji's eyes widened.
"But...sir..."

Advait's left brow raised at his questioning look.

"Sir I mean to say we can do this tomorrow morning. People sleep by this time."

"But not the hungry stomachs. This lady complained about the pending scheme four months ago and the previous DM did not see this I wonder. Who knows her kids must be sleeping with empty stomachs. Go now and complete the work."

"But sir now you'll have to go home. You should care of your health too."
Govind Ji insisted.

Advait sighed gloomily as he eyed the other pending files on the table. He leaned to take the files.

"Okay then. Keep these in my car. I'll do them at home."

Govind Ji shook his head unbelievably at Advait's passionate work.

While Netrapal drove to the bungalow, Kartik opened the Car's door for him and Advait stepped out.

"Kartik and Netrapal Ji. You two go now and have dinner and rest. Also, tomorrow You don't need to come. But Kartik remembers Monday morning..."

Advait ordered them and Kartik gave a firm nod.

"Sir."
Both waited for Advait to get inside the bungalow as Netrapal parked the car and the other two police officers arrived for their night duty.

*****

For an hour while Sagar came to Shraddha's room, she was sneezing and coughing. Then, sneezing and coughing.

"Shraddha. I'm coming tomorrow morning to pick you up and we are going to the hospital."

"No---- Saaa---- aachiii--" She Sneezed once more and Sagar handed her a tissue paper for the forty-fourth time.

"No. No. Yes. Either you are coming or I will pick you up and dump you in my car. I know how of a drama you are. Being a doctor and fear from getting injections."

Shraddha's red nose and puffy pink eyes made his brain reminisce about Vaidehi. Her eyes, slender nose, the blush pink colour that struck his heart----

Shraddha snapped her fingers in front of his eyes.
"Kaam nahi hai tere paas kuch? SP itne free Hote hai?"

[Don't you have any work? Are SP's this much free?]

Sagar chided.
"Shut up. I have to go now. But you take care. See you tomorrow."

Sagar stood up from her bed and kissed her forehead. Shraddha smiled. Her worse health days were the best according to her. Because Sagar always kissed her forehead whenever she was sick. Their friendship bond was what she always admired.

Coming out of her PG Sagar's driver drove to his bungalow. After having his dinner he came out for a walk at eleven in the night.

Advait was having his food while eating rice and chole. But it tasted less than his mother. He missed the food she made for him. The male cook was gone and now he was all alone in his bungalow.
Everything was as tranquil as a summer breeze.