[12] DEHRADUN

8 years later,

LUCKNOW,

A ceramic Aroma diffuser filled with sandalwood, musk, and saffron fragrance wafts through the air filling the room with the relaxing appetition.

The man with a height of six feet walks out of the bathroom, his appearance covered with only a White towel around his waist.

His raven hair was wet with a slight curl falling above his forehead in such a manner that it gave him the look of a Piercy pearl man with dark ocean Deep eyes.

He rakes his fingers through his light-colored shirts inside the wardrobe as he picks up the porcelain ivory white shirt and black pants along with it and dressing up looks himself through the mirror bracing the wristwatch.

A man who makes his own decisions and lives by them.
He owns his own morality.
He makes mistakes but doesn't blame others for them.
A man with flaming eyes in search of truth.

His eyes hold the authority to bend a yes.

Slipping his palms inside the pants pocket he walked down the stairs to the main hall where there was decoration, lights, wealthy people, the richest fragrance, and the soil of nothing. He needed nothing of it.

"Do you know? Mr. Shukla's grandson came back from Mussoorie after his training, why does he need a job when he's the grandson of the richest politician? And now his Uncle is a Civil Aviation Minister as well. Why does he need that 9 to 5 job and the officers who bow down their heads in front of the ministers."

The women talked about the airfare of the Shukla house from recent happenings as Advait ignored them all walking near his Grandfather who was busy talking to his old mates.

Arvind Shukla, a grand old man in the Shukla family turned to see his grandson coming near him. He smiled slightly looking at him smartly dressed. His smile hid behind his white pearly mustache.

"Advait son, come here. Let me introduce you to my friends."

He called Advait who smiled slightly, his hands still inside his pockets.

The wealthy old men were all seated on the white sofas as Advait greeted them all.

"So my dear friends this grand party is all about Advait Shukla, my grandson's achievements from all over the country in the recent four years. He's now going to take full charge from Dehradun. I'm so proud of you Son"

"As always Dada Ji. Bhai always makes you proud." Commented Kunal coming near Advait.

"Yes, so he does."

"Mr. Shukla you have left a rich legacy for your sons and grandsons then why did your grandson choose this service rather than stepping his foot into politics just like you and your younger son did."

A young reporter from the media asked.

On thinking the reply to this line Arvind Shukla had tears shining in his eyes.

"This is the persistent taboo in Indian politics that the legacy should and needs to be continued passing on to families and so long. That's wrong young man. Legacy is to be remembered forever, it's not necessary it should be continued with the cost of a bad image of the party.
My elder son was a successful surgeon himself, he never wished to join politics either and so does Advait, There's no difference between Father and Son. I'm glad that rather than choosing a political ground, rather than taking my support Advait has done and achieved everything on his own. That's why I'm very proud of him."

After attending the media and meeting all the family members Advait called his grandfather out for a while.

"Dada Ji I should be leaving now for Dehradun, it's time."

"But there's still time Advait. You've to join after two days son then why now suddenly?"

He asked Advait with a worried face.

Advait thought to tell the truth but then remembered his grandfather's words eight years back then.

I want no revenge, no fights, no bloodshed now Advait. I want a peaceful time with my now remaining family. I wouldn't like to lose it. Opposition party or the other reason for Anand's death, he's gone and now what matters is I do not want to lose you and Ananya Advait. Please don't talk about revenge. Your life will be lost in this enmity between our politics please keep yourself away from it. For my sake. For your mother's sake. She lives for you.

"Actually my friend is there in Mussoorie and he's joining with me in Dehradun. I've to tak my remaining things from Mussoorie too I'll go from there. It will take time. That's it"

"Okay, I agree with what you said. But son this party, All gathering is for you please stay for today and leave tomorrow morning. I won't stop you tomorrow I promise. See Anand wala promise." And he promised to do an exhalation and inhalation to keep himself healthy.

Advait laughed at his antics to make him stay and smile.

***

DEHRADUN,

"Yaar is baarish ko bhi abhi hi tapakna tha. I wish I would have taken the umbrella when mummy insisted but I ignored her."

(Man, this rain also had to start falling now.)

Aarohi complained to her friend while dusting off water from her hair as they took shelter near a roadside tea stall.

The road was empty and there were no shops or people nearby their area except the tea stall owner and his seven-year-old son.

The rain was bursting her anger on the poor fields with the lightening in the dark misty sky.

Whereas Aarohi's friend was less concerned about her drenched clothes and wet hair.

Rather she was enthralled witnessing the cold air surfacing her fragile body with the whispers of cold slippery rain. Her heart wished to run in the rain and dance and play with the showers and whatnot.

Nevertheless, her poor heart and Sinus didn't allow her to listen to her desires.

Keeping her head sideways to the pole of the stall, she was mesmerized by the beauty of the rain and the lush green trees.

"Shraddha. Shraddha." Aarohi jerked her shoulders to come out of the reverie when she turned to her.

"Mummy ki baat sun leti toh abhi itna distressed aur irritated na hoti."

(If you had listened to Mom, you would not have been so distressed and irritated.)

Shraddha said moving her head sideways.

"Plus now that we are stuck here until the rain stops let's have a cup of tea. I'd love to live my dream of having tea in the midst of the rain in Dehradun." She ordered two cups of tea excitedly and they both talked until their tea arrived.

"Ye lijiye madam aap dono ki chai"

(Madam, take this tea for both of you.)

Shraddha had just taken a sip of her hot Milk tea when her eyes captured a small white puppy crossing the road when his leg stuck inside the big pothole, he tried but couldn't come out of it.

What shocked her next was the car coming on the road in the puppy's way.

***