[10] GUILTY & UNCOMFORTABLE

"Advait...Advait...what's wrong? Why're you in so much anger?"

Directly coming from Hospital in anger he barged into the house unreasonably. His anger made Sandhya worried.

What was that her son was so angry about?

She walked behind him as he didn't listen but kept walking to his room.
Sandhya held his arm and turned him worried.

What did she even do to this child of hers?
Who was always at the top level of anger, arrogance, and self-pride?
Was he any king or what?

"Advait" she finally stopped him.

He breathed harsher in anger, so red face. Nose flaring, forehead veins bulging, the whole forehead in sweat, hair in sweat too.

"What happened?" Asked Sandhya worried.
He didn't reply just got out of her hold and busted open the door of his room. Removed the wristwatch strap throwing it somewhere in the room. Sandhya watched him carefully.

He sat on the bed with an expressionless face removing his shoelaces.

Sandhya was now getting his anger. Someone must have flared up his pride, ignored when he was so much into her/him.

She was always worried about this thing in her life for her son. This trait of his was transmitted from his grandfather. No matter what, he'll let that person die if they ignore him.

She didn't know till now what to do with his arrogance and pretense.

"Did you give the phone to Anand?"

He removed the left foot shoe, his teeth clenched.

"I did" mumbled with gritted teeth only.

"Where is Reyhan then?"
She was standing at the door only.

This question brings him back to reality. In anger, he didn't realize, that he directly got into the lift, wearing his helmet, and raced his bike so fast not looking back.

He let out a sigh inhaling a puff of air. Closed his eyes his head lowering down. Sandhya knew he was about to cry but wouldn't because of his pride. She neared him slowly as she embraced her son, caressing his sweaty dark hair. He encircled his arms around his mother trying to remain calm.

She went on to calm her son. Whatever it was, why was he angry? She didn't know, she just knew he was guilty that he made someone uncomfortable.

Mother knew everything, he only behaves like this when he blames himself.

After some time, he looked up at his mother.

"Mom, do you think I can make someone uncomfortable?"

Sandhya grabbed his question and smiled that she was right this time about her son. He was guilty.

She caressed his hair coming on his forehead back cupping his face with her left palm.

"You don't have bad intentions Advait but maybe... The next person needs time to realize that you're genuine"

"But I never misbehaved"
He reasoned.

"Your anger did"
Sandhya confessed calmly, not aiming to hurt him, his pretense as she stretched her lips a bit realizing him, his mistake.

*****

Medanta Hospital

"I've studied carefully and I can say for sure. In Shraddha's case, open-heart surgery won't be needed, it'll be too much. She's a child and will not handle the tremendous pain. We've other options that are Cardiac catheterization since her heart is not at that stage that needs surgery. We'll be needing some formalities and your permission for it. In this procedure of an hour"
Dr. Anand suggested as he prepared the documents himself confidentially.

Looking at Aditya's worried face Anand had to explain to him that nothing was to worry about in this. Certainly, Anand is an extremely trusted and experienced Surgeon, and rare is far, not a case he failed.

"A small procedure Aditya. A small patch or special septal repair device will be placed permanently in the heart to cover the hole under the procedure. We'll be needing her blood test before the protocol to see how long it takes her blood to clot. Other blood tests may be done as well"

"Doctor. But we've surety that in future she won't have any problems with the heart? Her heart will be healthy!"
As a brother he was afraid, he only had one supporter.

"I can say. Overall, cardiac catheterization is considered low-risk, and very few people have any serious problems. The risk is higher for people who have a serious heart condition or kidney disease. We'll observe some days or months if any problem arises. Otherwise, she's safe after this small procedure"

"But it is big for me" Aditya showed worry as Anand placed his hand above his shoulder.

"Your sister will be fine. This is just a heart procedure after that your sister is completely safe & fine. Have faith in us"

Anand reassured him.
As he handed the documents to Aditya to read and sign carefully.

"When this will be taken on?" Aditya asked to sign and read the precautions after the procedure.

"Depends on you. Today night or tomorrow we can proceed"

"Okay, then I want this as soon as possible, today night it is then!" Aditya declared as he stood up signing.

"The expenses will be..." Aditya halted Anand's word in between.

"Money is not the problem. Don't worry"

"Okay, so being ready in two hours will be fine, right?"
Anand asked at the final.

Aditya nodded.
It was late evening when completing all the formalities Aditya returned to the Orchid Hotel for the required clothes for his sister and other essentials. After an hour the procedure with her heart started.

The doctors were operating on her as Aditya saw through the small square mirror on the closed doors.

His phone was kept on while talking to Naina as well who was strengthening him now and then.

Aditya decided to make plans in his mind. Seeing the anxiousness in his heart, the fear he had if she would be alive even though the surgeons were the best, he was afraid.

Catching sight of them saving her life he wanted now to become Shraddha a great doctor like them, who can save people's lives.

He wished he hadn't been fortunate enough to get doctors like these when his mother had heart failure. He wished in mind to see Shraddha same as Dr. Anand.
Humble & helpful.

***