[13] BAARISH

Shraddha kept the tea glass on the table and couldn't care about her Sinus as she ran to save the puppy from the accident.

"Stop please stop" she shouted grabbing the puppy under her arms, as the car halted suddenly seeing a girl on the road.

She was totally drenched in the water by now and so was the puppy but she was happy with the fact that she saved him. She caressed his back with her wet hands and the puppy shivered more scooting himself closer due to the cold rain.

"Please don't be scared now cute puppy. You are safe in my arms. Don't worry. I'll take good care of you." She said to him caring for his wet fur still standing on the road, her back facing the car.

"Why did you stop the car, Netrapal?"

Advait asked irritated.
First, the sound of the rain has blocked his mind.
Second the dark weather even in the afternoon hours.
And third the stoppage of car for more than two minutes.

"Sir there's...a girl I guess." Due to the rain and the dark weather they couldn't see clearly what was in the front.

"You guess not. Use the horn and ask to get aside. I'm getting late."

"Yes sir," the driver said Honking the car but the girl didn't move away.

He honked again but she didn't move away.

"Sir I think I have to check who's the one not moving away."

"Whatever! Do fast Netrapal I have to meet someone." Advait said getting restless not liking the fact that someone was being stupid to not move.

Netrapal came out of the car in the heavy rain as Shraddha turned.

He spoke, "Hey silly girl. Can't you see I'm honking for the past five minutes? Why aren't you moving away?"

Shraddha spoke, "Aap zara dekh kar aaram se bhi driving kar sakte hai. Abhi ye puppy aapki car ke niche aakar mar jaata toh?" She said with a slightly irked face.

[You can also drive comfortably by taking a look. What if this puppy would have died under your car right now?]

"I apologize madam I didn't see the puppy. Heavy rain it is na that's why. I will take care from now onwards."
Netrapal was a middle-aged man who apologized to Shraddha very sincerely.

"Only you're apologizing that's why I'm letting you go. Otherwise, do you even know what is the importance of the single life we have been given to nurture in this environment."

"Netrapal ji. What's happening why is it taking so much time?"

Getting restless inside the car Advait came out.

He wore the formal pant shirt which was now drenched in the rain just like the other two being standing there.

"Nothing sir everything is sorted now. You please sit inside." Advait glanced at Shraddha who was now caressing the puppy ignoring the man who was glaring at her with rage-filled eyes.

After he turned to sit, Shraddha looked up and saw his retreating figure through her drenched hair and got aside as the car ignited.

Advait looked out of the window at the lady who was so much engrossed with the puppy that she ignored the other person's existence.

And the car got out of sight as Shraddha sat inside the Auto rickshaw which Aarohi had arranged when Shraddha was busy saving the puppy.

"Oh, Karma lady. If humanity is done shall we leave now?"

"Yes go ahead. "

"Don't tell me you are taking this being to the hostel."

"Yes, I am." Replied Shraddha wrapping her stole around the puppy.

"And how will you convince your warden?"

"Bribing?"

"Wtf?"

"Ofcourse that's what I've to do to save this small life" Shraddha laughed at Aarohi's gapped mouth.

"You can't be serious about this ..Tch...weird being?"

"Yes, I am Aaru. See he's so small how can I leave him alone anywhere? I will care for him and if he wants to leave after getting well he's allowed to do so."

***

Bribing the warden with kilos of sweets and food items from her Bikaner shop. The warden agreed to keep the puppy with Shraddha as the warden was a fat man who loved food a lot.

Shraddha has by now kept the puppy inside the big carton box and cleaned him with the dry cloth turning on the heater for the warmth needed.

While Aarohi fed milk to the puppy Shraddha disposed of her wet clothes changing into her night clothes and bucking up the hairs.

As soon as she got out of the bathroom she sneezed. Once. Twice. Thrice. And four more times, her nose and ears turned red and she felt cold.

"Told you not to get drenched. Now bear the consequences." Aarohi taunted her sitting on the bed.

"Do--" and before she could utter anything her sneezing started continuously five times. Along with that itching upon her neck started.

Her eyes turned sour and her headache grew worse.

"I need to take the medicine."

Aarohi shook her head going inside the kitchen.

After a minute Aarohi came with a bowl filled with 'kadha' and asked Shraddha to drink it in one go otherwise complaining to Aditya for being careless about her health.

Shraddha did as told and checked for the puppy. He was sleeping after drinking the milk. Shraddha felt content and slept covering the body with the quilt.

***

"I wouldn't want to make this mistake again I'm sorry Sir!"

Advait apologized to his teacher.
Today was the last day of his teacher in Dehradun as he was leaving for Bangalore for always. Mr. Avinash Paswan, 87 years old man who guided Advait throughout his journey to achieve his goal.

His flight was delayed due to unwanted weather conditions otherwise he would have missed seeing him for the last time.

"Advait child there's no need for apology. I know you be stuck somewhere otherwise you won't be late. As the time itself ticks according to your schedule. Am I right? Mr Shukla." He gave a laugh and Advait smiled.

"Sir I wanted to talk about something important with you regardi---"

"Regarding your father's murderer right?"

Advait gave a nod sitting beside him.

***