[14] STARES

"Sir I know I've waited for the moment. To have this power and authority, to have all legal right to own a single investigation. But what you can help me with is, who was the person behind the bomb blast. You said you won't deny me after I am capable enough to find the truth."

Avinash had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's first stage due to which he was unable to recall the person he saw on the 8th floor of the hospital's building.
He was there to get check his heart condition as he suffered mild chest pain.

What he saw was painful. He couldn't describe it to Advait as the truth was destructive itself so he had asked Advait to wait until he was prepared to face the truth and get the proper revenge for his father.

Avinash sighed giving a thought to what Advait said, "What did you say? Truth?"

Advait's brow creased together. He shook his head at his bad fate. Now, Avinash will take time to come back to its original self.

"Read the diary." He could only utter the words before the maid turned his wheelchair taking him inside.

After a minute Avinash's daughter came out near Advait, "When Dad was good. He wrote something, some mysterious lines. I guess that was for you. Here it is."

She handed him the diary.
"Also he said the answers lie inside your Brain only. Use it and get yourself helped"

Advait saw the diary. The whole diary was blank. Empty pages.

"What is this?" He checked the pages, everything was white pages nothing else.

"Is this a joke?"

With a sulked face he came out of the house and then drove his car to his residence.

"Going there was of no use. What's this diary? Rubbish. Who gives someone this blank diary?"

"But why would sir do that? There must be something inside it that's why he gave me this!"

He reached the bungalow, inside his room and checked the diary again.

The whole diary was blank. Only the middle pages were doubled and folded such as seemed like single pages. He opened the page and there were only four lines.

***
Next Morning,

Getting no clue about the lines written on the white paper. Advait kept it aside on the table and nuzzled his face with his palms.

He felt frustrated for getting late to meet him just because of that girl.

He felt on fire, so hot suddenly that he unbuttoned his shirt and stood on the balcony door viewing the rainfall and dark afternoon. His dark brown intimidating orbs observed the green scenery everywhere, the peacock danced in the rain and his voice echoed in the area of his personal residence, an immense square yard.

He slid his left hand inside the black trousers pocket as he dialed someone on the phone with his right hand.

The person received,

"Yes, Advait?" Spoke Reyhan.

"Are you free right now?"

Reyhan stood up from his chair sensing worry in Advait's voice.

"Right now, I have surgery to attend after that I'm free."

"Okay. Did you ask about the CCTVs I asked you for?"

"Yes Advait I've asked them. But as usual, you know they say it was eight years ago and the cameras and the control room burned in that too. So it's a bit hard to find the proofs. But they're trying as soon they find something I'll send you don't worry."