10.2 - The Dark Era

"L/N-kun, did we have an appointment?" A man with slicked back black hair asked.

"No sir, sorry for the intrusion, but it is an emergency," you informed, lips pursed.

You were standing on the topmost floor of one of the most major offices in Yokohama city, one with beautiful stained glass windows that people could see from miles away. This office was none other than the headquarters of the most powerful criminal organisation in Yokohama, and the man in front of you was the leader of said organisation.

He was Mori Ougai, a doctor who climbed the ranks to becoming a boss. While he may not have gotten it through ethical means, he was certainly a smart and powerful man. And you? You were the lady that backed him up through everything. Without you, the profit the mafia made would be considerably less. 

"What is it, L/N-kun?" Mori pressed, now worried.

"Our informant, Sakaguchi Ango-kun has gone missing," you informed. "He knows everything about us, and just cracked a smuggling case last night. Should anything happen to him, we would fall to ruins."

"This doesn't call for a meeting with the five executives, I believe," Mori hummed. "But we likely must trouble an executive to take over. What do you think of Dazai-kun and the Black Lizard?"

"Sir, I believe Dazai is acquainted with Sakuguchi," you reminded. "The opponent might use this as leverage. I suggest we use Oda Sakunosuke, the low ranking officer. Few know of him, and his Skill: Flawless may be useful."

"Is Oda-kun also not good friends with Sakaguchi-kun and Dazai-kun?" Mori asked. "Men who pursue friendships even through the bounds of hierarchy are quality people, and I am aware that my youngest executive is one such man."

"He is, but due to Oda-kun being such a minor figure, I highly doubt anyone outside of the Port Mafia will recognise him," you reasoned. "That in itself is good enough reason to let him use the 'Silver Oracle', I believe."

"I see, I shall take this into consideration," Mori nodded, flicking his hand to an agent. "Call Oda-kun and tell him I require his presence immediately. L/N-kun, you may leave. Thank you for this information."

You bowed politely before taking your leave, heading stright to your desk. However, before you could even catch a breather, a new figure came jogging to your desk.

"Dazai," you greeted, surprised.

"Emergency, let's go," he summarised, pulling you up.

"What's happening?" You hissed, swatting his hand off your wrist.

"Some idiot attacked Hirotsu-San's men," Dazai informed briefly. "We're going over to do crisis management, and I couldn't be bothered to go alone."

"People will get suspicious, Dazai," you reminded.

"Would you rather do hours of paperwork, L/N?" He challenged.

And that was how you found yourself walking alongside the port with your boyfriend, the two of you discussing about the issue at hand. From what you'd been told, the Black Lizard was to wait until you'd arrived, meaning the two of you took your time. 

After all, the only time you got to freely speak to each other was when you were either outside, or alone in one of your apartments. The two of you kept things under wraps even around your best friend, for although he knew that the two of you were together, you didn't want him to awkwardly third wheel around you.

"We'll be there any minute now," you informed, glancing at your watch.

"Right," Dazai grumbled, pulling out a video-game console.