15.9 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen

A silver scythe glimmered in the glory of death.

However, Dazai didn't avert his eyes. He stared at the falling blade with a quiet expression, as if he knew it wouldn't cut him.

In fact—the blade stopped. Right on the tip of Dazai's nose.

"I'm pissed, you sly bastard." Chuuya said in the air. "This is gonna go exactly as you predicted!"

"Hm?"

The old boss's scythe was caught in something black.

It was Chuuya's rider jacket. His jacket was thrown from the sky by gravity control and hit the base of the scythe.

Keeping it's heavy weight, the jacket knocked the scythe down. The scythe rolled on the ground with a clear sound, while the jacket returned to its original weight and softened.

"Haaaaa!"

Chuuya's fists swung down towards the old boss. Each punch was equivalent to a shining, hot stone. The series of rushing attacks captured, beat, and smashed the old boss.

"Ugh..."

The old boss's body, which wasn't human, was being destroyed.

"Make friends with the ground, old man!"

Chuuya grabbed the old boss's face. Black gravity waves erupted from his face when he touched him. At the same time, the boss's body was taken from mid-air and forced into the ground.

Radial cracks sprouted all over the ground, originating from the center of where the previous boss was.

Even though the previous boss had collapsed to the ground, Chuuya did not ease his gravity. Because Chuuya was releasing the greatest output of gravity, his body sunk into the ground.

"Even though this body isn't human... I've been floored?" The ground had cracked, his whole body halfway down into the ground, but he gave a thin laugh. "How annoying. But this is admirable, boy."

"I've played my card." Chuuya shouted. "Now, Dazai!"

"Don't tell me what to do!"

On the ground, Dazai ran. His brandished fists greeted Randou.

There was no murkiness in his gaze. It was as clear as a cloudless day.

Those eyes weren't something that just anyone could have. They were the glow of a blue sky that only those who have decided to live can have.

"Ahhhh!"

Dazai's fists slammed into Randou.

—But before that.

The world fell.

"Wha—"

A crimson glitter covered the world.

The building disappeared, the ground disappeared, gravity disappeared. Every conceivable thing in the world was stirring, turned into fragments, and floating around aimlessly.

"You must know... I'm a gifted who can control space." A voice said in the air.

In the world of crimson, a human-like figure appeared.

"Being able to manipulate space means being able to manipulate everything inside that space... Dazai-kun, no matter how much you are my natural enemy, the very ground you stand on, your fist and the like cannot reach me by movement alone."

Randou floated in the subspace.

His clothes fluttered while an innumerable amount of debris floated around them.