16.9 - Stormbringer

Chuuya used his gravity to jump sideways and grab you and Dazai as the three of you tumbled into the forest. The darkness calmed down a bit as something radiated from the black torrents. It wasn't much of an attack, rather, it was as if a piece of the universe had suddenly appeared on Earth.

The ground was split in half as a strike of black lightning hit. It passed right through the earth and reached a group of buildings that were further away. A few of the building lights flickered spasmodically before finally going out.

"What the..."

You were speechless. The three of you were quite far from the city. Although you'd gotten lucky this time, if it were to get a direct hit in the middle of Yokohama, thousands of people would have died in an instant.

"Was that... a release of gravity?" Your face grew stiff. "That's impossible. It can reach even farther than before."

The monster started to transform. A head and a pair of shoulders appeared, and though it's head was similar to the demonic beast Guivre, the number of eyes it had were different. There were two blazing red eyes situated on its face like human eyes. It had big, thick arms and a gigantic torso.

The figure gradually emerged from the black mass. While it was emerging it pulsated, and every time it pulsated, it's body grew substantially.

"Don't look at it," Dazai said, his voice as quiet as a whisper. "It reacts to human emotions, so don't give it any attention. Look somewhere else."

Chuuya slowly moved his gaze to the ground, while you stared deep into the remnants of the forest, squeezing Dazai's hand to calm the two of you down.

The beast's enormous body began to block out the moonlight that illuminated the ground. At first it was only a part of the ground, until it finally covered all of it.

"It can't be burned with flames." Dazai said while looking at the ground. "It doesn't matter how big a gifted weapon's flames are. Not to mention, while it may look like a giant beast, it's not even an entity. It's merely a singularity with an infinite amount of energy stored in a condensed space. It has no organs or weak points and will continue to move until all of its energy is expended."

"It'll keep moving until it uses up all its energy, huh... How long will that be?"

"Maybe a week, maybe a year." Dazai said, looking at Chuuya with a stiff smile on his face. "Or maybe it'll keep moving until the world ends. However long it takes for its energy to run out."

The beast started to move. 

You looked up as the beast took a step forward, it's whole body trembling. It was already even bigger than before and outside the realm of a living being with a mouth big enough to swallow a house. It had a gleaming pair of eyes and broad shoulders, and excitable lightning strikes were created simply by it moving due to the after-effects of energy. It's monstrous claws dug into the earth, and trees were toppled over and submerged by a single step. The way it looked seemed to go beyond that of even the human imagination.

This monster was the true form of the demonic beast Guivre.

"It could have absorbed the singularity energy found in that ball of heat." Dazai muttered in a blank daze. "There's no way the authorities in Europe would have experimented with clashing two weapons of singularity together."

Chuuya looked at where the beast was walking. "That bastard. It's heading for the city."

"It'll be able to see that from the city soon. It started walking in response to our gazes, which means it won't stop until there are no more people left to look at it."