16 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen

"Boss, the GSS has joined hands with the Sheep," you informed, reading the notes given to you by an informant.

Before Mori could say anything, the heavy doors to his office creaked open, revealing none other than Dazai.

"One month after the Arahabaki Incidents, and you finally show up," Mori hummed.

"I've decided to join the mafia," Dazai informed, taking a deep breath.

Mori could hardly contain his excitement, and instantly requested you to give him command of some troops which he would take to investigate the GSS.

"Alright, take the low-ranking soldiers," you sighed. "They're not the brightest, but they're powerful if they put their minds to it."

Dazai nodded, and immediately scampered off for his first mission. By the end of the day, he'd returned with intel, as well as a new recruit. Chuuya joined the mafia, due to the Sheep backstabbing him from the lack of trust.

He was put under the care of Ozaki Kouyou, the same lady who had trained you all those years ago. Meanwhile, Dazai received training from Mori, as his direct subordinate, a ploy that Mori had put in place to ensure he had more than one option as his successor. You were given your own students to tend to, as well as a part-time babysitting job for the really slow days. Mori had taken in yet another child, one whose ability he was not yet aware of yet. Due to this, he wanted you to take care of them until their ability was born. The child was called Yumeno Kyuusaku, and was always attached to a doll.

As the customs stated, Chuuya received a hat from Mori, one that used to belong to Randou, wile Dazai received a long black coat. One look at them already reminded you of your earlier days, where Mori had bought silver jewellery for you. After all, clothing was rather impractical for a ten year old, considering they would likely end up growing out of it within a month. Once the rites of passage were completed, the last step was for both to pledge allegiance to the Boss, allowing you one final chance to veto the Boss's decision. 

You never did, readily accepting them into the organisation.

Of course, Chuuya and Dazai still regularly argued with each other, but their trust and loyalty for one another inevitably grew with each passing day. Over time, the three of you were practically inseperable, despite all your differences.

And that is the full story of how mafia executive Nakahara Chuuya and former mafia executive Dazai Osamu joined the organization.

After that, with Mori as the new boss and you steering the course of its reputation, the Port Mafia drastically expanded its influence. The two of you established an economic foundation, built an ingenious relationship with the government, and created a system where it would be difficult for the judiciaries to get involved.

A year later, a bigger disaster than this occurred―a wide-scale conflict involving all of Yokohama's criminal organizations, commonly known as, "The Dragon's Head Conflict". The Port Mafia survived this conflict, which is said to be the worst underground conflict in the history of Yokohama, with minimal damage. In the exhausted underground society, the mafia firmly established a relatively broad domination of territory.

Furthermore―around that time Chuuya, who had contributed a remarkable amount of service to the organization, was blessed with a chance to access the materials Randou left behind much earlier than the aforementioned executive position.

A separate report will be made regarding his true identity, the conspiracy of the disappeared research facility, and the actions both Dazai and Chuuya took to uncover them.

The above mentioned is the full story concerning the "Arahabaki Incident".

This report is under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Ninth Confidential Resource Office, it is strictly prohibited for browsing or taking from unauthorized persons.