15.3 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen

Suribachigai's sunken cone shaped layout truly lived up to its namesake. Once, a large scale explosion had happened here. The large blast laid waste for all its residents, leaving a crater instead. People eventually moved into the crater, making themselves at home.

They were outcasts of society, people who were unwanted. While the area was legally one of tension, those who lived here were legal residents. Of course, because the authorities were unable to monitor the land, it promoted for a lot of criminal activity, and was a great link to the mafia.

"The Consigerie is here!" People whispered, seeing you walk down the streets, trench coat billowing behind you. "And she has someone with her!"

"Drinking plating liquid is a really common method of committing suicide overseas," Dazai read out, walking by your side.

You rarely brought people on your missions to Suribachigai, so it was a sight to not only have Dazai by your side, but an entire troop of bodyguards behind you as well.

"Your outfit is super tacky," Dazai commented. "How is it going to help your stupid ability."

"Black increases light absorption, dumbass," you glared. "Hirotsu-San, split the bodyguards up, I want some going undercover with me. We'll take sectors four through twelve, they're middle class difficulty but it's more workload. You get through sectors one to three, they're high class difficulty. Call me when you're done, we'll rendezvous here."

"You're abandoning me?" Dazai gasped.

"You have our best bodyguard, you'll be fine," you scoffed. "Call me if someone tries to kill you."

"Ma'am what should we do about the Sheep, they're strongest here," a member asked you.

"Kill them on the spot," you ordered. "Especially if it's the king."

"Understood!" He saluted, before rushing off.

You stalked through stalls, interrogating people and noting down their information, crosschecking it with your own to make sure they weren't lying. And it turned out, Mori's suspicions were correct. The old boss had returned, seemingly more violent than ever, and was described to have flames of hell surrounding him.

"You, I want you to take your squad and secure the area," you instructed. "This is now mafia business."

"Consigerie!" A woman called. "The man you were walking with-"

Though before she could finish, you got a phone call.

"I need to take this, tell me later Ane-San," you requested, answering the call. "Mori-San, how can I help you."

"Get to Dazai, now," he ordered. "I want him back alive, L/N-kun. Not in a mangled state, I am not a healer."

"Dude," you deadpanned. "Hirotsu-San's with him."

"Then explain to me how his phone got destroyed," Mori demanded.

Your breath hitched and you instantly hung up on Mori, ordering the troops back to your side as you all rushed to their last confirmed location.

"Don't move!" You yelled, as soon as you saw the person in front of Dazai.

Guns were pointed at the ginger. Rifles, pistols, submachine guns. Machine guns and shotguns. Countless mafia members and their weapons.

"Interesting," the ginger laughed. "You're more popular than I thought. I assumed no one would want a weak little shit like you."

"Don't you fucking dare lay another finger on him," you spat out.

"What, worried about your boyfriend?" The ginger taunted.

"I'm worried you even think that my taste in men is that bad!" You retorted, disgusted. "Do you have brain damage?"

"Surrender, brat," Hirotsu ordered, taking over for you. "Being that young, surely you don't want to know the colour of your insides."

"No matter how much you threaten me, I won't be scared, old man," the boy scoffed. "Guns don't work on me. I'll just send all of you scrambling home."

"How nostalgic... there used to be a time when I was just like that. That period when I was retorting and blindly believing in my power, believing that I could take down the world with my physical strength," Hirotsu laughed a little. "You say guns don't work on you? It's not like those kind of Ability Users are very rare. Now... I've warned you. If you don't heed it, you'll regret it. It'd be good to let you repent on your imprudence and ignorance in the midst of your blood."

"So you're both Ability Users," the ginger determined, realising that your bodyguard was powerful. "You seem tougher than a other guys then.... come."

"Hirotsu-San, it's best if you stop," Dazai groaned out. "He can manipulate the gravity of anything he touches by absorbing it. It's uncongenial to your ability."

"Osamu!" You gasped, glad that he was awake. "I thought you passed out, Mori would've killed me. Here, can you get up?"

"I'm fine," he glared. "I just don't like pain."

"We'll get you fixed up soon," you reassured. "And we'll have the sheep king killed."

"Gravity huh," Hirotsu chuckled, peeling off a white glove that wrapped itself around his right hand. "Well then, brat of the Sheep. I'll tell you my ability for the sake of fairness. Upon touching something, my ability creates a force of repulsion."

"Wow, a mafia member revealing his ability for the sake of fair play," the ginger cooed. "Don't expect me to show any respect to the aged though."

"I don't need it."

Just as the ginger was about to brush the matter off, Hirotsu dove towards his bosom. With his right hand, he grabbed the nape of the other's neck and pulled. The boy was unable to resist the force and fell onto the ground, doing a half roll to avoid Hirotsu's right hand. The Sheep King twisted his body in midair before releasing a kick. Hirotsu struck again and his right hand clashed with the other's shoe.

The collision of both forces led to a blinding flash of light, which you instantly absorbed to protect the eyes of everyone around you.

"As expected of the mafia... is what I want to say but I can't bring myself to," the ginger admitted as soon as he landed softly. "Our abilities are truly uncongenial old man."

"There's no need to worry, young one," Hirotsu soothed. "The outcome will be decided by the strength of our abilities - that was what I used to believe when I was young. Realising I was wrong without having to pay the price of my life was a lucky thing. That's why I feel sorry for you."

The ginger grinned, amused. "Interesting," he laughed.

This time, it was the King of Sheep who charged first, hands still in his pockets as he aimed a kick diagonally. Hirotsu immediately used his right hand to defend himself with his ability, but before he could engage, the ginger changed his direction and aimed for the nape of Hirotsu's neck instead.

Hirotsu grabbed a pistol with his left to guard himself against the other. The barrel of the pistol was made heavier by gravity. However, the King's attack was stopped when Hirotsu caught his shoulder with his right hand.

"Can we not do anything?" Dazai rasped.

"This is a duel, only those challenged can engage," you explained. "But since you were challenged before, you'll do. Use your ability on him."

With that, Dazai limped off and grabbed the nape of his opponent's neck, nullifying his ability.

"How unfortunate, with that gravity has left your hands," Dazai drawled.

Dazai's ability was also one that activated upon touching someone. That ability was one that rendered another ability useless - the ultimate anti-ability. There were no exceptions to the effects of this anti-ability.

"You say... my Ability can't work?" The ginger asked.

Hirotsu gently tapped his chest with his right hand.

"Now brat, it's time to collect the lesson fees," Hirotsu smirked.

Another blinding wave of white light was sent, and you immediately absorbed it, storing it in your palms should you need any excess later.

Chuuya flew backwards and simultaneously, Dazai flew in your direction. Your eyes widened and you kept up a shield for him to crash into. However, the force was larger and he ended up breaking the shield and falling on top of you.

"Dazai-San!" Hirotsu yelled, confused.

"It... got me," he coughed out, groaning as you gently pressed against his stomach. "Just before you attacked... my lower half was kicked. Thanks to that, I accidentally let go of him... he purposefully flew back with the aid of his ability."

"Hahaha! That's right; that's what happened!" The ginger taunted, standing atop a wall. "Let's have firecrackers suitable for the opening banquet!"

As he shouted this, the ginger shot himself off the wall with a force which made it seem that he wanted to smash the wall into smithereens. He charged towards you and the rest.

He charged at the speed and weight of a bomb, you would be impressed if it weren't plummeting to your demise. Hirotsu couldn't receive it with the strength of his right hand alone, and Dazai was too weak even if he were to cancel the King's ability. Which only left you with one option.

"I'll be back," you whispered to Dazai, gently setting him down.

You discarded the trench coat and jumped up, creating platforms of light that would aid you in keeping even ground. The least you could do was stall and distract him, even if you died. Naturally, this determination shocked your bodyguards, who'd never seen any emotion on your face. But they weren't the most shocked.

'Y/N-chan!'