17.1 - Dead Apple

Yokohama.

A city brimming with life as throngs of people come and go.

But there is another face to this town.

Take one step away from the main streets, and you'll find the scars wrought by the mafia's battles. And... the city is also home to Skill Users - those with powers beyond all human comprehension.

You, were one of them.

―――――――――――――――――――――――

The Armed Detective Agency

Workaholic
@Atsushi

How long do you intend to keep
us waiting? Everyone is here now,
except you and Dazai. Hurry up and
find him already. We are waiting.

Sincerely,
Kunikida Doppo

You
Bro texted a whole ass paragraph 💀

Mommy
Bro used punctuation 💀💀

Has both the Brain Cells
Bro signed off with his full name 💀

The Normal One
Bro expected Dazai-San to show up 💀💀

Orphan Thief
Dear all,

What is this 'bro' you speak of?

Kind regards,
President Fukuzawa

―――――――――――――――――――――――

"This is the security footage from three years ago, in Taipei City, Taiwan," one of your coworkers explained, once all of you had arrived. "As you can see, a dense fog appeared for just a few minutes."

Kunikida Doppo, one of the senior-most members of the Armed Detective Agency. His Skill, the Matchless Poet, allowed for him to create anything as long as it was smaller than the notebook which created the objects.

"And now it's gone," you hummed, watching the video. "But it's no weather incident, is it, Kunikida-kun?"

"No. In fact, it seems to have been a cover of sorts, for after the fog lifted, the police found a dead body," Kunikida nodded, pulling up the pictures of the crime scene. "The burned corpse you see here."

"That's awful," a younger boy gasped.

Nakajima Atsushi, one of the newest recruits for the Armed Detective Agency. His Skill, Beast Beneath the Moonlight, allowed him to turn himself or certain parts of his body into that of a white tiger.

"He's a Skill User, isn't he?" Another one asked, snacking at chips.

Edogawa Ranpo, the reason the Agency even existed. Supposedly, after the President's run-in with the Super Deduction User, he decided to create a workplace for gifted people to take on cases the police couldn't solve.

"You're exactly right, Ranpo-San," Kunikida nodded. "Specifically, he was a flame-wielding Skill User well-known in the area."

Kunikida then clicked to show the next piece of footage.

"This is Singapore, one year ago," he continued. "Again, a thick fog rolled in, and another corpse was found after. He was a crack assassin who used cards as weapons."

The corpse in question, was pierced to a tall building, cards holding his clothes to the structure, with deep paper cuts strewn all over his figure.

"Detroit, six months ago," Kunikida continued, clicking further ahead. "Another body found after heavy fog."