Chapter 1

~Addiction~

~Addiction~

Spencer stood in the hall like room, one that had a table full of different snacks and drinks. He looked around nervously. He had been to a meeting before but it never changed how nervous he felt about coming to one and talking about his addiction to a room full of strangers.
He looked down at his cup of coffee, which held too much sugar for a healthy person. Hit hand tapping against the cup while he looked at everyone single person, knowing them and profiling them that was until she came in.

"Hello, You must be new to the group" The group leader smiled toward the brown-haired woman who had walked in. Reid looked to see her hair had been dyed, with blonde highlights in her hair. Spencer could see she was nervous. Who wouldn't be in a room full of strangers?

"Make yourself feel at home, This is a safe space" The redhead leader smiled as the women simple nodded and smiled as she messed with the bag that rested on her shoulder "We will start talking soon so help yourself to some snacks and drinks" She finished smiling while the women lifted her head, spencer and her making eyes contact before he looked away.

The woman made her way over, Spencer watching from the corner of his eyes as she made her way towards the table, she picked up a muffin, Spencer noticed it was blueberry and then she reached out for coffee before she shook her head sighing, she looked to see spencer watching.

"I haven't had a good night's sleep in a while, Blaming my coffee addiction" She smiled at spencer who simple smiled back and nodded.

"Yeah" He mumbled with a smile while the woman looked at him before she made her way to stand next to him, Spencer blushed slightly while the woman simple picked up the muffin apart and ate it.

"Have you been coming for a long time, or are you new?" The women asked looking at the hall while Spencer's eyes widened looking at the women who simple messed with the muffin.

"I try to come when I can, My work keeps me busy though" He muttered while the women nodded and hummed a lot.

"Yep, That's been my excuse to not come. Work but my doctor said that I need to come so I thought what about tonight" The woman smiled while Spencer looked down at her to see her fingers nail were picked and raw as he looked back up to see her face full of nerves.

"They normally don't make new people talk first, Serina will wait till she thinks your comfortable sharing your story," Spencer said with reassurance as the woman smiled up at spencer.

"Is it that obvious?" She asked while spencer simple chuckled himself and looked towards her.

"Well, I am a profiler so it is to me" He smiled while her eyes widened before she nodded and smirked at the man.

"FBI, Impressive. Met a few of you before" She smiled before he looked confused as she simple chuckled at his expression "I'm a nurse, I've had to talk about my patients before as someone they tend to be serial killers" She finished while Spencer nodded and hummed.

"I'm Dr Spencer Reid," He said smiling at the woman while she looked back up at him with a smile on her face before she smiled at him.

"Eleanor Holland" She smiled before she looked down to see his hand were not stretched she smiled to herself "Germaphobe?" she questioned before his eyes widened looking at her before she chuckled.

"Yeah, Did you know it is safer for us to kiss than shake hands?" She asked with a cheeky smile as Spencer's eyes widened looking at the women. A blush appeared on his cheeks as he looked down at her.

"Is everyone ready?" Serena smiled towards everyone, Now that the seats were in a circle as Eleanor looked up at Spencer with a smile before nodding and walking towards the seat they held everyone.

Spencer walked out of the hall, the car park now filled with darkness. He looked up to see Eleanor now standing there, A cigarette in her hand as she breathed it in sighing loudly as he looked at her before walking over.

"How did you like your first meeting?" Spencer asked while the girl jumped her eyes widened before she quickly stopped smoking and threw the cigarette out and throwing it in the bin before she looked back up and smiled.

"Sorry, I am quitting, just sometimes it is hard" Eleanor smiled at him while he nodded, she looked to see that there is no judgement in his eyes. None at all while she smiled again and looked up towards the car park.

"It was Okay. It was hard hearing everyone's stories but also quite comforting to know I'm not the only one" Eleanor mused while Spencer looked at her before nodding.

"Yeah" He smiled while the two simple just stood there. Eleanor soon sighed before she looked up at the man, her arm down falling over her chest as she looked at him.

"So what is your addiction? What was the poison?" Eleanor soon asked while Spencer's eyes widened as he looked down at her to see her face full of seriousness but again no judgement from her and almost a sort of comfort for spencer as he soon sighed

"Dilaudid" Spencer simply stated while the women simple nodded and hummed along before she looked up at the sky and sighed loudly.

"Benzo's" Eleanor stated while Spencer's eyes widened looking towards the woman who simply sighed loudly before she rubbed her eyes.

"Did you know that recovering can help you sleep better as well as help with both the mind and body healthy? Overall recovery helps in many ways" Spencer said trying to ease the number of facts that gives to these women he just met while she looks at him with a smile.

"Thank you" Eleanor smiled before she looked up at the sky "To be honest I have liked talking to you today Spencer" Eleanor stated while Spencer's eyes widened looking at the woman "But I don't know when I will be back with my job and everything" she states

"I understand, I come every few weeks, even months" He smiled nervously while Elenor simple nodded and hummed at the man before she looked at him.

"Your beautiful by the way" She smiled before walking off leaving a blushing man as he stood there. Eye wide at how the women simple left after saying that.

"Wait!" He soon shouted running out but his eyes widened and looked around to see that she was gone. He sighed loudly before looking down at his watch.