Chapter 4

~Addiction~

~Addiction~

Eleanor stood there, her hand shook as she gripped her dress in nerves, messing with the red fabric of her red knee-length dress, that fell off her shoulder. Black denim jackets accompanied her dress where her hair was slightly curled. She went back on forth on her feet. You could tell she was nervous.

"Hey" A voice stated from behind her, she turned sharply to meet the eyes of him, Spencer. We wore a checkered shirt with black pants, accompanied by a black-tie. Eleanor smiled at him.

"Hey Spencer" Eleanor smiled widely while the boy bit his lip and looked at her nervously.

"You look... Beautiful" Spencer mumbled while Eleanor's eyes glistened, she smiled up at him with a blush.

"Thank you, So do you" Eleanor smiled before she turned to look up at the restaurant "I looked up the restaurant and it has to go reviews so you have chosen a good one" Eleanor smiled while Spencer's eyes widened.

"You looked it up?" Spencer asked while Eleanor simply laughed as she started to walk towards the door of the restaurant.

"Of course, I normally look up the restaurant to see their reviews and whether it's good or not" Eleanor smiled as they walked towards the front desk. Spencer chuckled to himself.

"Did you know that 37% of people between the age of 16 to 24 get food poising where it is 47% of people with the age of 25 to 75 get food poising?" Spencer said as the front of the house looked toward Spencer with a weird frown and glared at him.?Eleanor held her lips.

"I will see if your table is ready" The front of the house stated while walking away and Eleanor chuckled to herself especially after seeing Spencer's confused expression.

"Did I offend him?" Spencer asked oblivious while Eleanor looked up at him with a smile.

"You so cute" She smiled at him before the man came back and directed them towards a table, Eleanor soon leaned back towards the man with a smile "But next time don't talk about food poisoning in a restaurant" Eleanor chuckled while Spencer nodded.

"So, What was the case like?" Eleanor smiled now they sat at a table, the two opposite one another while Spencer stiffened and soon Elanor noticed "Or we don't have to talk about that" Eleanor said trailing off while Spencer looked up at her.

"Please, it wasn't a nice case. Reminded me of my mom" Spencer muttered while Eleanor's eyes widened seeing his face before she reached out towards his hands, smiling and comforting him.

"You don't have to talk about it" Eleanor smiled while Spencer's eyes widened looking at her before smiling and nodding "I lost a regular patient of mine" Eleanor now said while Spencer raised his brows.

"She suffered from extreme seizures. She was only 8 but suffer so much pain and I thought she would be fine, we were able to control them and then I left her for 3 minutes at most as she had extreme seizures that cause her heart to stop" Eleanor muttered growing widely.

"I'm sorry," Spencer said while, Eleanor moved her hands from his and began to mess with her bracelet, Spencer looked and noticed.

"It's my job Like I had said before it never gets easier especially when you are in a job like ours" Eleanor smiled but Spencer could tell it was forced as he looked at her before she shook her head.

"What are you going to have?" Eleanor smiled looking at the Menu while spencer hadn't even picked it up, as he looked at the women.

"Chicken Tandoori" Spencer smiled while Eleanor smiled at him and nodded her head.

"That sounds good, Hmm. I might go for the Thai red curry" Eleanor smiled while Spencer also nodded before a waiter came and they both ordered their food.

"She's is the best, Though her dating history is concerning" Eleanor laughed as they both ate their food, Spencer also laughing at the women as they smiled at one another.

"I have a friend like that" Spencer smiled while Eleanor nodded, the two eating their food. At some point Eleanor had moved her seat, sitting directly beside him as he showed photos of his team once their plates had been taken away.

"He is so cute, and your his godfather" Eleanor mumbled looking at the picture of Henry on his phone while Eleanor smiled widely "You're so lucky"

"I am," Spencer said looking up at the woman as she looked at his phone with the different pictures. he could smell her perfume, he smiled widely.

"I grew up in Colorado with my mother, after she died I decided to study medicine and ended up at Harvard medical school where I met Courtney" Eleanor explained while Spencer looked at her with pure interest "She soon left for here and I stayed in Boston for a bit, worked there and they Courtney rang and told me there is a job position" Eleanor smiled

"I mainly focus on children, especially ones who have gone through trauma, such as kidnappings, witness murders as have a nursing degree but I also have a PhD in child psychology " Eleanor stated while Spencer raised his eyebrows to look at her "That's why I have met many FBI before you" she chuckled.

"I'm sorry about your mum" Spencer stated while Eleanor's eyes widened after she realised what she had said before rubbing the back of her neck.

"Oh god, I was gonna leave the serious talk till after a few more dates" Eleanor smiled while Spencer's eyes widened looking at the women.

"More dates?" Spencer asked with a slight smile while Eleanor's eyes widened looking at the genius before she sighed loudly and rubbed the back of her head.

"Shit, I am so sorry for assuming, It's just we had such a good time and I would want to go on a few more dates. Only if you want to obviously" Eleanor muttered while Spencer licked his lips watching her ramble on.

"I would love to" Spencer muttered before he looked down nervously "I was going to ask you at the end" he muttered

"that's great" Eleanor muttered with a smile, messing with her hands.

The two now stood outside, Eleanor shivered in the cold while Spencer looked at her before taking off his coat and wrapping it around her while Eleanor looked up at smiled.

"Did you know on average 12.9% of people get frostbite each year?" Spencer asked while Eleanor chuckled as she smiled.

"No, I didn't thank you for telling me" Eleanor smiled while the two looked at each other, both standing there awkwardly. Spencer didn't know what to do. He didn't know what you should do at the end of a date, he's read a few books but doesn't know if that is the truth.

"I had a really good time, Thank you" Eleanor soon smiled at him while Spencer nodded, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I did too" Spencer smiled while Eleanor soon walked towards him, their faces closer to one another as Spencer could once again smell her perfume, He breathed it in with a smile as she did the same but instead took in his brown eyes.

"Spencer" She stated while they both were close to one another, Spencer gulped looking into her eyes while she looked back at each other, their body warms radiating each other "I... Like you, I like talking to you, being with you. You make me feel safe" Eleanor mumbled.

"I like being with you too," Spencer said while Eleanor smiled before she reached her arms around him pulling him into an embrace as his eyes widened before hugging her back. Eleanor sighed loudly.