Chapter 3

~Addiction~

~Addiction~

"Sooo" Courtney trailed off as they walked through the hospital halls, Eleanor sighed as she held her board which had the information of each patient in her hand.

"I asked him out" Eleanor trailed off in the hospital while Courtney's eyes widened looking at her before smiling widely at the girl and pulling her into a side hug.

"You go, girl. See you don't have to let your past haunt you!" Courtney exclaimed with a giggle before her pager went off. "Shit, Mr Johnson needs me. Say hi to grace for me" Courtney smiled before walking off as Eleanor smiled.

"Good morning Grace, how are we feeling?" Eleanor asked looking towards the little girl that rested in the hospital bed, the girl smiling widely.

"I'm great Ellie! Hoping I can have some Pizza" Grace smiled widely as Eleanor looked towards the girl with a raised eyebrow.

"Pizza for breakfast?" Eleanor asked, with an unsure expression before smiling widely and walking towards the small girl "I see what I can do, now I am going to check your blood" Eleanor asked with a smile as the young brown hair girl smiled back.

"Where's your mom?" Eleanor asked with a soft smile while the little girl simple hugged her teddy.

"She went to get some coffee" Grace smiled widely while Eleanor finished checking the girl's blood pressure, before smiling at her and rubbing her hair and tapping her nose nicely.

"All looks good, Why don't I go try and get you Pizza" Eleanor smiled while Grace smiled widely before nodding. Eleanor walked out of the room, she rubbed her head, tiredness filling her face as she walked to the cafeteria.

"Do you have any pizza?" Eleanor asked the chef who looked towards her with a confused expression before Eleanor sighed loudly "It's for a patient, please" She begged before the man sighed and went towards the back.

"What should I wear for the date?" Eleanor smiled to herself before pulling out her notepad, something which she held a lot before she started to write down ideas in it. Soon the chef was back with the pizza.

"Thank you so much!" Eleanor smiled picking up the plate as she began to walk through the hall through her eyes soon looked towards the hall as she heard a beeping noise, and she saw other nurses rushing through the door. Eleanor dropped the pizza.

"Grace!" Eleanor shouted pushing through the room to see her having a seizure Eleanor's eyes widened rushing to the girl's side "What happened?!" she shouted holding the girl.

"Come on grace!" Eleanor shouted before she started to grab her injection, filling the substance

"We're losing her!" Another nurse shouted before the line started to flatline before Eleanor could give her the injection. She dropped the needle.

"Get the defibrillator!" Eleanor shouted as they listened, as they charged the defibrillator, Eleanor opened the little girl's top, she stroked her head before grabbing the handles

"Clear!" she shouted pushing it down, while she continued to look at the monitor, her head full of worry before the line continued to stay flat.

"300!" She shouted while the nurse nodded and turned it up, Eleanor looked back up to see nothing happened, before she shook her head as she continued. Eleanor held back her tears.

"I'm sorry Ellie" The other nurse in the room stated before Ellie sighed loudly, before looking at the clock and pushing back her hair.

"Time of death, 11:51 am," Ellie said before walking out the room, she rubbed her face before her eyes widened on seeing an older woman who held a cup of coffee, her face full of concern before Ellie bit her lip and walked towards the woman. Having to break the hardest news to him.

"Hey Ellie" Courtney smiled towards the woman who stood at the entrance of the hospital as she looked up at the sky "There was nothing you could do" Courtney stated again before Eleanor shook her head.

"I should have stayed with her" Eleanor frowned, rubbing her face while Courtney reached out and hugged the woman who simply sighed.

"I'm fine, It's just hard" Eleanor stated while rubbing her hand and the other women wore a concerned expression.

"Will you be alright?" Courtney asked holding the girl's arm while Eleanor simple smiled at the woman and nodded

"Of course" Eleanor nodded while Courtney nodded before she began to walk away. She soon looked back before smiling.

"You should call him, he will understand," Courtney said before walking away while Eleanor looked towards her phone, a contact in hand before she sighed loudly and place her phone away.

"I've only just met him" Eleanor started shaking her head and walking towards her car.

Eleanor stood in front of her sink, her eyes looking at the set of pills that rested on the side. She bit her lip trying to stop herself, her phone beside her. Her hands shook before she reached out for the bottle. She soon stopped as she heard the ringing of her phone.

"Hey" A voice stated after Eleanor had answered, her eyes were wide with tears, her face pale as she sat down on the toilet seat.

"Spencer" she muttered with a shaky voice while the man on the other line soon furrowed his brow as he sat up from his seat on the plane.

"What's wrong," He asked while her eyes widened before she chuckled to herself.

"Right you're a profiler. Just a hard day" Eleanor stated into her phone before she looked back up at the pills in the bottle she smiled "Your timing couldn't be better" she said genially before she let out a cry.

"I'm sorry, I'm crying" Eleanor started rubbing her eyes while Spencer wore an unsure expression before Eleanor sighed loudly " what's up?" she asked.

"I was just ringing to let you know I'm on my way back and to see if you can go for that food?" Spencer asked before signing loudly "Only if you're up for it. We don't have to" he said

"No, No" Eleanor stated before smiling into the phone "The date will help me, I've been looking forward to it" Eleanor smiled

"Me too"