Chapter 11

~Addiction~

~Addiction~

"That weird" Eleanor stated as she sat in the cafeteria, looking down at her phone while a salad rested in front of her while Courtney looked up from her paperwork.

"What's up?" Courtney questioned before eating a bit of her sandwich, Eleanor soon placed her phone down in concern.

"I've been ringing Spencer and he hasn't been answering" Eleanor mumbled while Courtney sighed loudly.

"He is probably busy, did you guys have a good night?" Courtney asked looking in concern while Eleanor simple broke out in a smile.

"Yeah, It was so good" Eleanor smiled widely while Courtney simple rolled her eyes.

"Okay, You don't need to rub it in" Courtney laughed loudly before her eyes widened "You should come out drinking with me tonight after work" Courtney smiled

"You know I can't Court" Eleanor stated with a sign loudly "It can affect me been sober, drinking influences you" Eleanor stated with a frown before picking at her nails.

"How is that going?" Courtney asked, her face now serious looking at her friend while Eleanor smiled slightly.

"Really good, at first I was struggling but since I met spencer I have wanted to be good" Eleanor smiled before she messed with her bag "I'm even thinking of throwing away my emergency batch" Eleanor smiled.

"But you need it for your anxiety" Courtney stated while Eleanor simple smiled

"I don't get anxious anymore" Eleanor smiled shaking her head before looking down at her salad "Not since spencer" she smiled.

"Oh, God! I need love" Courtney whined before the two stood up after hearing someone be rushed into the hospital their eyes wide before running over. 

"Car accident! Impaled in the chest" The paramedic soon shouted while Eleanor reached over and held the wound while Courtney started shouting. 

"You're going to be alright!" Eleanor now stated towards the man in his ear while his eyes simple darted around, Eleanor looked towards Courtney while they ran "He's losing conscious, we need back up" she shouted towards them. 

"Uhh, That was exhausting" Courtney groaned now in the locker room, stretching out while Eleanor simple laughed at her and opened her locker. 

"At least that John Doe made it" Eleanor stated before she pulled out her phone and began to dial a number, it rang while she began to mess with her jumper. she sighs loudly, after hearing the voice mail. 

"He's still not responding?" Courtney asked looking towards her friend in concern while Eleanor sighed and rolled her head. 

"No, and I'm starting to grow worried" Eleanor mumbled before she started to type on her phone, Courtney looking towards her in concern. 

"Why don't we go for some coffee? Take your mind off him and then after ring him again?" Courtney asked while Eleanor looked up from her phone with a worried expression before she nodded. 

"That sounds like a good idea" Eleanor mumbled before Courtney smiled and swooned linked their arms together and laughed. 

"Coffee can cure anything!" Courtney laughed as they walked out of the hospital, smiles on their faces.

"Uhh, Who's knocking at this time" Eleanor grumped as she stood up from her couch, PJ bottoms and a top that spencer had left. She rubbed her eyes before she opened the door, her eyes widened on seeing spencer. 

"Spencer!" Eleanor shouted with a smile before she reached out her hand and wrapped it around her neck "I was worried!" she shouted smiling through spencer never wrapped his arms around her. 

"Sorry" He mumbled while the women had let him go, he started to mess with his bag while Eleanor looked at him in worry. 

"You can come in" Eleanor smiled, biting her lip nervously while Spencer nodded and walked into the home. She could see he was nervous. 

"Are you okay?" Eleanor asked reaching out her hand before the boy moved away, Eleanor's eyes widened on seeing him walk away and she furrowed her brows. 

"What's up with you?!" Eleanor exclaimed widely looking at the man as he bit his lip before shaking his head "You didn't answer my calls, messages and now you acting as this" Eleanor stated with a sign

"Are...... Are you using?" Spencer soon asked while Eleanor's eyes widened before looking at him with confusion.

"Using?" Eleanor asked with confusion while Spencer soon shook his head before gritting his teeth.

"I saw them! I saw them in your cupboard" Spencer soon shouted while Eleanor's eyes widened looking at him in shock "I also had Garcia look deeper, The reason Courtney had to get you a new job here was that you stole painkillers from your last hospital!" Spencer soon shouted while Eleanor's eyes widened

"How dare you!" Eleanor shouted towards him while he shook his head.

"How dare I? You were lying to me! Your not sober!" Spencer shouted as tears started to welp in her eyes.

"Are you forgetting what benzos are for!" Eleanor soon shouted towards him while spencer soon looked at her confused "Anxiety! Because I still get the fear that someone might come to kill me much like my mother!" Eleanor soon shouted towards him.

"The doctor said that I should have at least one! if I were to get anxious but I didn't! It was an emergency pack! I was going to throw them away because I met you!" Eleanor soon shouted while Spencer's eyes furrowed.

"The hospital.." Spencer trailed off in confusion before Eleanor shook her head.

"I covered for a patient! Because I know what addiction is like and how it can consume you. Courtney was the one that I called and then she said I need to leave!" Eleanor shouted while Spencer's eyes widened before he sighed.

"I'm so sorry" Spencer soon spoke while Eleanor's eyes were filled with tears at this point before she sat down on the couch.

"You should have asked me, Rather than just asking Garcia to do a background check on me!" Eleanor soon exclaimed while Spencer looked down and bit his lip.

"I'm sorry" He mumbled while Eleanor soon sighed and rubbed her eyes of tears before she looked at him.

"We can talk spencer, you know this" Eleanor muttered reaching out his hand and holding his hand "That's why this works" She stated again before Spencer nodded

"I'm sorry" Spencer muttered before Eleanor sighed loudly before she leaned her head onto his and smiled.

"It's fine spencer... Next time just talk to me" Eleanor mumbled before smiling and spencer looked up and soon started to smile back at her.