Chapter 20

"Was, Everything alright?" Spencer asked now that the two of them stood in their apartment, Eleanor placing down her bag while Spencer simple stood

"With Courtney" Spencer finished while Eleanor stiffened.

"I.." Eleanor began before looking down and messing with her jumper while Spencer furrowed his brows "Yes, It's fine. I think she was just tired from being in the hospital" Eleanor smiled looking back at him.

"Are you okay?" Spencer asked while Eleanor simple sighed loudly and shook her head before smiling.

"Yes. I am fine!" Eleanor soon snapped while Spencer's eyes furrowed Eleanor's eyes widened at her tone before she looked down at her hand, she bit her lip and rubbed her head while Spencer simple watched her.

"Can you stop profiling me?" Eleanor soon chuckled while Spencer look up towards her eyes to see her staring back at him "I am just tired and I miss work, I missed you" Eleanor muttered walking towards Spencer and reaching up for his face.

"All I want is to be with you tonight, read, cuddle" Eleanor listed while Spencer looked down at her before she reached his hands around her and embraced her in a hug.

"I would like that" Spencer muttered but while his eyes were still full of concern and looked around his apartment before his eyes fell on a card that was left.

"Why don't we go to a group session tomorrow? I have the day off" Spencer muttered before he felt Eleanor's body stiffen against him before she unwrapped her hands from him.

"Do we need to?" Eleanor asked now walking towards the bookshelf, her back towards Spencer while her hand shook and she picked at her nails, Spencer furrowed.

"We haven't been in a while" Spencer muttered as he looked towards the girl, his eyes filled with concern "With everything that has happened, I have read that Trauma and chronic stress can lead to a dysregulated stress system, which may make individuals more vulnerable to addictive behaviours and up to 75% of previous addicts want to start using after" Spencer rambled on while Eleanor stiffened.

"I... Maybe you're right" Eleanor muttered turning back around with a small smile on her face while Spencer sighed in relief "Maybe it will just be better to go and speak to the group" Eleanor smiled before she pulled out a book from the shelf.

"But first, I want to read and cuddle" Eleanor smiled widely towards him while he smiled and nodded towards the brunette and soon walked towards her.

"You two have returned!" A voice called out towards the couple who walked into the hall, they were met by the red hair of the group leader, Serina "We have missed you in the group, but I understand your work is busy" she smiled.

"Thank you" Spencer smiled while he held Eleanor's hand but the brunette simple looked towards the floor. Spencer looked at her in confusion.

"I'm Going to go and get a muffin" Eleanor smiled before walking away, Spencer looked after her in concern while Serina looked towards the man.

"You know you're not supposed to date other people from the group" Serina stated while Spencer looked towards the older women with a dumbfounded expression "Yes, I knew and I have always known for the year" she smiled before sighing loudly

"Just be careful, you don't want to go down that road again" Serina spoke while Spencer simple frowned before looking towards the table that held the snack and beside it an Eleanor who ate her muffin, her expression full of nerves.

"Okay Guys, Shall we gather around!?" Serin questioned while everyone who was in the room nodded and started walking towards the seat. Spencer sitting in the seat next to Eleanor who messed with her hands.