Chapter 2: Markus

Flashback:

Five years have passed, over the years, Mark has learned the basics very well from his father. Lucius is very proud that his son is very involved, he will be a good lord when his hour of glory has come. The reflexes of his son in combat are impressive, it looked like he saw what was happening behind him. His way of fighting is also impressive, he can grab a weapon while casting spells. He trained every day under the gaze of his admiring father. After a long day of training, he decided to go to bed after eating. He lies down in his bed and then falls asleep.

~!~

In the middle of the night, Lucius walks up the stone staircase with two soldiers with torches in their hands. They head in a determined step towards the room where Mark sleeps. Lucius opened the door abruptly which woke up Mark who doesn't understand what's going on. "Come on get up!" Lucius shouted at his son as he threw a t-shirt at him, Mark still half asleep, put on, doing his father's bidding, thinking it was emergency training. They go down all the stairs going to the gate of the throne room. Mark goes a line on each side of soldiers with torches to the entrance of the castle. He walks behind his father quietly to the main gate of the fortress and then orders his son to climb on Lucian's back.

Mark is still sleepy, rubs his eyes and doesn't know what's going on, why are we out of the castle? why are we in the forest?

~!~

After a few minutes, they arrived, Mark realizes that everyone is there, with a torch in hand, and his mom is there too. Mark descends from Lucian who lowers a little to let him down. He goes next to his father when he beckons him to come, Mark rubs his arm, a little anxious, not knowing what's going on.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's finally time to give my only son what he wants, he's ready to have his creature, he's ready to communicate with creatures, have a friendship with a creature, son, you have to understand when you choose one, you must become one with it. the stronger the friendship, the stronger the creature will be...". Lucius exclaimed with a loud voice for everyone to hear and look at his son who has a smile on his face. Finally, Finally, I will have my creature. he thought. Lucius walks towards a large hole, dug in the ground, near a large tree, raising his arms and closing his eyes.

"Arag! Come out into your hole, it's time!" Cried Lucius before hearing a loud noise coming from the hole. Suddenly, slowly, a big spider comes out of the hole, bigger than his father's creature. Mark takes a step back, intimidated to see this idious creature that is hairy and looks like it hasn't eaten yet.

"well! let's begin, Mark, I present to you, Arag, the oldest of the spiders, Arag is the father of all creatures here, he has known us for a long time, he has known the very first dark lord, he knows all the family, of father and son." He says to his son who still has his eyes fixed on Arag who seems to be fixing him too.

"Come near Arag Mark, don't worry, he won't hurt you." Said his father extending his hand to the creature, Mark looks at his father who smiled mischievously before walking slowly towards Arag.

Arag slowly pushes Mark towards him with his paws then examines him, touching his hair, his face, his arms. Mark stares ahead, trying to stay calm, not showing fear.

Suddenly, Arag pushes Mark who steps back until he is next to his father and goes into the hole. When Arag leaves, a spider follows him and goes directly to Mark who steps back but Lucius holds him back by the arm.

"Don't worry Mark, it's your own creature! He wanted to say hello to you, not eat you..." Lucius said laughing, Mark looked at the creature, slowly walked towards the spider. The creature looks calm, looking at Mark, it is black with purple hair on its back, its cheekbones are also purple with huge black eyes. The creature is young but damn fast! Mark thought.

"Remember Mark! the stronger your friendship, the more powerful the creature will be, training makes them bigger. Now! I want you to name your creature..." Lucius said to his son, Mark look at his father who is behind him, frowning, having no idea for the name. "But I didn't even think of a name" Mark said.

"You have to give a name now!" Lucius said with authority.

Mark looks at his creature... he doesn't even know what kind of spider it is... he has to make a choice right away...

"Son, we're waiting..." Lucius growls impatiently, his hands behind his back. Mark stands next to his creature with a confident look.

"I name my creature Markus."