Chapter 37: Fight for revenge

Pat resumed training with the new recruits, he watches them fight, Diana fights with Kinsey who has joined the ranks also wanting to help Taker against Mendal. It's afternoon and it's still sunny, it's hot and Pat feels it too when he trains. " Drink a lot of water ! In battle, you won't have time to breathe when an enemy is near you!" he shouted as he saw the recruits drinking from the fountain near where they were training. "The climate will be your number one enemy!" A voice sounds everyone looks where the voice came from and they all kneel down seeing Taker standing up, everyone is surprised that he is already up.

Pat approaches Taker, hands behind his back. "Shouldn't you rest?" Said Pat, Taker looks at him, he has removed his bandage from his shoulder leaving the fresh scar exposed, his scar that goes from the top of his left eyebrow to his cheek is also exposed. His left eye socket with nothing, no cotton, no bandage. NOTHING. "I had enough rest this morning." Said Taker before walking towards the so-called new recruits who were lining up in front of Taker. He looks at each of his recruits, notices that there are also women in the ranks.

"Well I guess Pat told you, you'll be fighting not only mages but creatures as well, I'm in awe of your bravery. you gotta know, these fights aren't like training , in training we don't hurt you're down we won't kill you but in a real fight you're down you're dead, you turn your back on a creature you're dead " Said Taker loud enough as he walked past his recruits looking at them one by one. He frowned at Diana wondering why she was in line. "Why do you want to fight?" He asked in a deep voice looking at her, she look down, she knew Majesty was going to ask her that. Pat smiled sadly knowing that Taker wasn't going to like it.

"I...I want revenge for my father's death..." she said looking shyly at Taker who was looking at her meanly, not wanting her to go into battle, he promised her father that she would be safe and that if she was killed he would feel very bad as Taker is a man of his word. He looks at Pat who is behind him near the rock walls with Asgoth and Tigress. "I don't want women in the fight." he said before heading towards the castle.

"Majesty, if I may say so, we are here by choice, we have our reasons to fight alongside you against Mendal." Said Kinsey stepping forward a little, Taker stopped walking after hearing what a woman was saying, turned around and saw that it was the girl who was a prisoner in Mendal's camp. Kinsey. He turns completely around, walking towards Kinsey who is beginning to stress out fearing he will be upset. "What are you fighting for?" He asked Kinsey, looking into her eyes, trying to keep his composure towards this woman who dared to contradict the Majesty. Pat took a few steps forward just in case.

"You saved me so I owe you a debt." She said lowering her head, Taker calm down, she's right, all these women came by choice, they lost a husband, some like Kinsey were used by Mendal and some lost their fathers like Diana . All these people owe Taker a debt and today they want to repay it. "The honor of fighting for a Calaway, for you, means a lot to us." Said one of the women behind had the courage to say what she wanted to say.

~!~

As soon as Taker leaves training for new recruits, he goes to the Calaways cemetery. They walk slowly looking at the statues of their ancestors, reflecting on what they said to him. And especially in relation to his grandfather Jeff who was killed by Pat's grandfather, he does not know if there is a relation with all this.  Diamond eye must kill the treator..Scott's voice echoes in his head, giving him a headache, drops to his knees, holds his face. When the headache goes away he looks at the statue of Scott, puts a hand on the stone while getting down on one knee. "Help me see more clearly..." Taker whispered.

~!~

Diana and Tigress are near the fortress, by the lake to clean the clothes. The tigress has grown well these last few days, she feeds her, washes her, makes her drink. She didn't notice that Taker was watching her discreetly against a tree, his big robe on him, his hood hiding the wound he had on the left side of his face. Oddly, the person he missed the most was Diana, her blonde hair down to the middle of her back, her beautiful purple eyes. He watches her wash her dirty clothes with Tigress on a rock near the water. He smiled as he saw Tigress fall into the water and splash Diana as the creature came out of the water.

"So how's your friendship going?" Diana looks at Taker who was a few meters away from her. "We are well." She said smiling at him, Taker smiled looking at Tigress who is sitting on the rock, she could notice that Taker had shaved his cheeks and mustache to keep his goatee, keeping this face that scared people so much, he has put on an eye patch for his eye injury. He takes off his big dress and his t-shirt but does not take off his pants so as not to interfere with Diana who is cleaning her clothes. He slowly gets into the water, feeling that it is good for his many scars on his body, he swims quietly in the lake, loving the tranquility of the place. She finishes cleaning her clothes and takes the basket in her arms.

"Let's go Trigress." she said to her creature but she felt something grab her ankle and throw her into the lake. She rubbed her face to remove the hair from her eyes and opened her eyes to watch the Majesty laugh. She smiles and splashes him, not believing her eyes that he knocked her down. They have fun like children together by the lake, Taker has never felt so much fun with someone in a long time.

After a few minutes of fun, Taker dries off, sitting by the lake with Diana wiping her hair with a towel, Taker watches her dry off, her body which is so beautiful. "I don't really want you to fight Mendal's army." He admitted looking at her, she looks at him, her gaze became serious and cold again in a few seconds. "I want..."

"Yes, I know, to get revenge for your father's death..." He cut her off, knowing she wanted revenge but he didn't want her to be hurt or die in battle. She's too precious for that... She's too precious for him, oddly. "I promised your father to take care of you." he said standing up and putting on his t-shirt. "I can defend myself very well, don't worry about me." She says she doesn't want to listen to him, very sure of herself. Taker looks at her with a raised eyebrow then puts on his black robe and pulls his hood over his head.

"Oh yeah? Show me." Said while getting into a fighting stance, removing one of his axes from his belt. "NOW?" She asked surprised wondering if the Majesty was serious. Of course he is. He nodded smiling, Diana took her practice sword which she always carries with her to practice with Tigress. Then starts trying to hit Taker but he dodges her blow, he tries to hit her with his ax but fails to break her defense. Damn, she's strong. thought Taker. She manages to block Taker's attacks as if she had been doing this for a long time.

Suddenly, Tigress throws a ball web at Diana for her to catch and throws it at Taker who didn't see it coming, falls to the ground before Diana points her sword at Taker's chest in shock by this attack. "So, do I know how to fight or not? She asks the Majesty who is sitting on the ground, surprised that he has been defeated by a human, he looks at Tigress who walks slowly towards him. She has used her creature to attack me, Their friendship is much stronger than it seems, thought Taker.

He stood up, then looked at Diana who had a smile on her face, very happy to have shown her proofs to the majesty. "It was good but don't miss any practice." He said before stretching his shoulders and back, which took a beating and Diana stopped smiling when she saw Taker wince. "You're hurt ?" she asked, fearing that it was because of her that Taker was suffering. "A little but it will be fine." He says not wanting her to blame herself, she takes his hands to Taker's surprise who frowns looking into her eyes.

"Lie down on the grass, I'll massage you". She says that Taker is lying on the grass while Diana straddles his back, seeing the injuries Markus caused during the punishment he suffered at the Asgoth burrow. She massages her lower back by making small circles with her thumbs behind her back before massaging her muscular shoulders. Diana feels Mark's back muscles relaxed from her massages, his skin feels so soft and cold, and she massages his back up and down, carefully so as not to hurt him. she bites her lip when she hears purrs of relaxation from him, wondering what he's thinking right now. She missed him so much, his green eyes, his voice, his presence, his evil face, the man who had saved her.

Taker relaxes every muscle he had, he closes his eyes to the feel of Diana's hands, he's missed her so much, she cracks Mark's back several times, which makes him feel a little better. he feels good with her on his back, he suddenly wants to take her and kiss her which makes him feel weird inside him. Since he woke up, he feels a lot of things when he looks at her as if... his curse has let go of his emotions a little.

(Book 1) The malediction of the UndertakerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara