Chapter 41: Prostheses

After practice is over, Kinsey goes into the forest with Taker to talk to him, one-on-one. Strangely the forest is not dangerous when you are near him, he has an aura of confidence and almost relief. "Here, Majesty, I have something to tell you about Mendal." She said breaking the ice, Taker looks at her, his hood in front of his eyes, his hands behind his back. "I have a question first Kinsey." He says when they stop walking. "Do you know anything about him? His past ? His family ? Where he comes from ?" He asks, Kinsey rubs her arms, scared by his reaction, Mendal looks a bit like him and his red eyes, Mendal's look is the same as Taker.

"Well...I know Mendal had a wife, he doesn't talk much with his men about his past or his wife...but..." She stopped talking to take a deep breath, Taker looked at her perplexed, wondering why she is so anxious. "Mendal looks like a Calaway, cold, as if he has no soul. He has the same way of speaking as you but more dangerous." She said, not daring to look into his cold eyes, Taker couldn't believe what he had just heard. This is my father. thought Taker. He looked down, trying not to get angry at this girl who was trying to help as much as she could. "Thank you for this information, Kinsey. You can go." He says Kinsey leaves for the fortress, leaving Taker alone in the forest trying to process what he just heard. He rubs his head while looking at the ground, his own father is alive and well and he is his number one enemy. The one who seriously injured him, the one who destroyed half of the Calaways' heritage.

~!~

Taker is on his throne as the castle door opens, Kinsey walks over to Taker who watches her intently as she bows. "Majesty, I have something for you in the forest, can you follow me?" She asks, Taker stands up patting Kinsey on the shoulder as he passes and heads for the door to exit.

Arrived in the forest with Kinsey, he notices three iron bars like spider legs, Pat and Markus are also there. "I built these 3 prosthetic legs for Markus to thank him for finding me in the enemy camp, they are Tungsten, and the bottom of the legs are purple diamond and are very sharp." Said Kinsey presenting the prostheses to Taker, Markus looking excited by that. The creature will finally be able to walk properly. "How can we put them on Markus?" He asked, looking more closely at the prostheses.

"We'll have to cut off Markus' broken legs." Said Kinsey smiling sadly then looked to his left seeing that Markus was probably scared that the creature started to squeal and go into a hole. Taker sighs softly then gets down on one knee to watch his creature who is moving his little front paws over his face. "I'll be fine Markus, you won't feel anything." He reassured his creature, Pat walked towards the hole and stood next to Taker, also on one knee. "Be strong big boy." Said Pat giving a reassuring smile to Taker's creature who is very scared. "We should let him calm down, Thanks Kinsey for Markus." Said Taker looking at Kinsey who walks towards him taking out a kind of black handkerchief from his pocket and starts to open it.

"And this is for you." She said opening the handkerchief and it's some kind of eye, Taker frowned at that. "It's a diamond eye I made for you." She says, the eye looks realistic, the color of the eye is green, Taker continues to frown at the eye thinking back to what Scott told him. The one with a diamond eye, Scott's voice echoes in his head. Taker finally takes the eye and puts it in his left socket, blinks a few times before looking at Kinsey who is proud of her creation, fitting him very well. "Thanks for that, Kinsey." He said nodding his head before going to the fortress leaving Pat and Kinsey in the forest. Pat wraps his arms around her as he watches Taker leave. "You did a great job, whether it was the weapons, the prostheses, or Taker's eye." Said Pat sincerely kissing her temple.

~!~

It's time for Markus to have surgery, Taker has been looking for his creature in the forest to bring him to the big room. There were people in the room, soldiers, curious villagers, Markus stressed so much that Taker had to get them all out. Some soldiers help Taker to put the creature on its back so that it has easy access to its legs. Taker stands in front of Markus so that his creature can be reassured that his master is here. "It's going to be fine, big boy." He reassured as he sat down on a chair, Markus' dark eyes looked stressed and sad. "We begin." Said one of the soldiers cutting off one of his three broken legs, they could hear Markus growling, Kinsey puts on the prosthesis and burns with a hot iron stick to close the prosthesis in Markus's skin, they let go of the prosthesis to check if it holds and it holds very well. they did it on the other 2 legs, his left hind leg and his right hind leg.

As soon as they're done, they put Markus on his paws gently, Markus didn't move, afraid of falling and making a fool of himself. Taker stands in front of him a few meters from his creature. "You can do it, I know you learn fast, don't be afraid, trust me, mate." He encourages looking at his creature, Markus gently puts a paw to try to walk, the creature trembles a little but ends up coming to his master who is very happy with his creature. Pat looks at Kinsey, also smiling, he holds her by the waist, and kisses her temple, he is so proud of his works.