Chapter 27: Loved by everyone

In the morning, Pat wakes up, not having slept enough, rubs his sleepy eyes and still has the vision of his friend in a bloody mess. He takes a bath before getting dressed and goes to Taker's room, he's still sleeping, his body doesn't have enough powers to be awake...Pat looks at the window leading to the balcony and decides to open it. and go out on the balcony to talk to everyone in the yard.

"Ladies and gentlemen, children..." Pat cried looking at all the villagers, soldiers, a few creatures of different species near the fortress gate. The children stop playing, the women stop cleaning their things...everyone stops what they are doing to listen to Pat who is on the balcony of the Majesty.

"Your Majesty, Mark Calaway could not look after the castle, for a few days to be honest, as the majesty has always been honest with you all, it was attacked last night, today he is alive, but still asleep because his body does not have enough power to wake up, and I will not hide from you, there are dangers outside the castle, I suggest you do not go out at night without guards, do not leave your children to be out of the castle. As I know he has always been nice to you, you respect him even though he can be dangerous, you all know he can be dangerous to anyone not in the castle, I will let you see him in his room for 5 minutes. And don't speak of your majesty to anyone who has entered this castle. Remember that the enemies are close to us and may attack us at any time. Thank you and long live the Dark Lord." When he finishes his speech, everyone applauds him and sings "long live the dark lord", Pat looks around the yard and the village singing for the dark lord, and he realizes that Taker is loved by all. everyone in the castle, even though outside the castle everyone considers him a monster because of his curse.

Pat turns around, looks at Taker and approaches him, touching his shoulder. "Don't worry my friend, I'll take care of your castle until you wake up." Pat assured.

~!~

Kinsey heard Pat's speech, it's amazing how the whole castle sings to the dark lord, how do they trust the dark lord, maybe he's not like Mendal...Pat decides to see Kinsey, to try to find out more... we know her name, what they used her for. He knocks on the door and opens it; he smiled when he saw her near the window.

"Kinsey, right? Can we walk? You've been locked out of this room since you arrived, you can go out if you want, come with me, I'll give you a tour." He suggests with a beautiful smile, Kinsey accepts it and goes for a walk with Pat, he shows him the throne room, the kitchen, the great hall, the village, the library, the basement, and the dungeons , the garden made by the dark lord's mother, it's good humor here even though the dark lord's reputation is so bleak.

They sit on a bench in the garden, the weather is nice today, Pat talks to him about his past, he was in a rich family, his castle is in another country, he explains to him that Mendal wanted his land, he To leave him, he defended his land as best he could. he decided to ally with the dark lord because he knew he couldn't fight him without any help. "And you... tell me more about yourself." He says wanting to meet him, Kinsey looks at him smiling, unlike Taker, Pat is not scary, he is elegant with his hat with his big feather attached to his hat, his yellow eyes like a snake, his charming smile. " I am from a poor family, I lived from my sale of prostheses, Mendal arrived, one day he wanted some of my prostheses for his creatures, he was so happy with my work, he was so nice to me, m offered me to join his army to be a prosthetic dealer, would pay me so much, so I accepted, I didn't regret it until..." She stopped, her heart heavy, and held back. her tears, doesn't want to cry, remembering all the bad things Mendal did to her.

"Until I saw his true color, he forced me to make prosthetics for his creatures, raped me many times, sexually assaulted me when he was angry, beat me when I hadn't finished making prostheses, he gave me to his soldiers to rape me, I was a toy for them, and they took me to one of their camps." She said before accepting a handkerchief from Pat to wipe her tears from her eyes. Pat is disgusted by what he has just heard, used this poor woman, it's odious.

"So prosthetics legs are from you?" He asked wanting to be sure what she was saying. She nodded. "Yeah, he wanted a strong army, so he made me build lots of prosthetics for his spiders even though they don't even need them." She says, Pat looks carefully at Kinsey who doesn't seem to be lying, she's being honest with him. "Has Mendal's creature been modified to be stronger as well?" He asked then looking down at her hands, she shook her head at his question. "his creature, Orok, no, all I know of his creature is that he's a strong creature, he's so powerful, I don't think you all could beat him, you don't realize how much how strong he is and with Mendal and the army at his side, they are invincible..." She said with a fearful voice, Pat frowned then wondering why she didn't tell him?

"Why didn't you tell the majesty everything you told me when he asked?" He asked looking into her eyes, Kinsey looks at him sadly and looks down. "I..I know what they say about him, there were witnesses who saw the Majesty attacking innocent people. and then...He's a Calaway...we all know that a Claway is dangerous." She said looking at her feet, Pat can't blame her, it's true that there are rumors swirling about Taker because of his curse.

"I'll tell you one thing, the village is full of humans without any power, his father hated them, when Mark became a dark lord, he built this village to save them, he protects them as best he can. he Could, could you? see a fear? No, everyone lives in peace because they know the majesty even if he has a bad reputation outside, he will protect his castle until his death." He says before grabbing Kinsey's hand and walking towards the throne room, and Kinsey sees children drawing them the Majesty and playing role-playing games regarding the Taker on his various adventures.

"Loved by the kids..." He said pointing to the kids before walking upstairs with Kinsey, she was shocked at how many men and women were waiting outside the Majesty's bedroom. "Loved by everyone." Said Pat, she could see inside Taker's room seeing a woman leaning over the Majesty's bed stroking her hair and kissing her cheeks. The lady, of a certain age comes out of the room with a handkerchief close to her face, crying.