Chapter 42: who is it?

Days have passed, and Markus is doing very well with the prostheses made by Kinsey, he can resume training properly, run, jump, hang, and put himself on the ceiling of the throne room.

Pat and Taker continue training for people in the village who want to fight with them, they are progressing more and more with weapons and shields, they have even learned to use the shield well if there is a creature wanting them kill. Diana trains in the hours of training but also in private with Taker, it allowed them to get closer a little bit. Taker is very pleasant with her, he shows her the many attacks she can use. However, right now, she's training alone because Taker is a little weird right now and a little scared that his curse will activate like the other time. This angers Taker that she wants to train alone with Tigress who whenever he gets upset, the creature hisses at him viciously.

Pat often finds Taker weird, he goes to the Calaway cemetery a lot, he stays up at night in the basement, he drinks when he doesn't usually drink, he goes into the woods alone. Each time, Pat tries to talk to him or try to make him change his mind by offering to go to town, he doesn't want to.

Taker is in the painting room where all of his ancestors each have a painting of them. From Scott to Lucius, at each painting, a small gold plate saying good things about them. Taker looks at each painting of his ancestors while drinking his tenth glass of whicky. He stares at his father's painting then takes a sip from his glass, staring at his father's painting with great mischief.

Taker goes to the window opposite, opens it, and goes to the balcony, he takes a sip looking at the horizon and then takes a deep breath inhaling the cool night air. "So, son, how's your curse?"

Taker quickly turns around, looks around shocked to have heard his father clearly... "Dad?" Said Taker out loud looking around the room and sees his father right in front of his own painting, shocked, he doesn't know if it's alcohol or real?

"Dad, how? Why?" Taker doesn't know where to start, his father is there, in front of him. "Don't shame our family, follow the tradition." Said Lucius looking wickedly at Taker. Taker starts having a bad headache, holds his head in his hands. "Stop it.." Begged-Taker, having a terrible headache, he put his glass on the table, rubbed his forehead. "You are not worthy of being a Calaway, you are ready to leave your family for some human filth!" Said Lucius, suddenly, Taker can't stand his father's voice anymore, he takes the stick and throws it at Lucius but breaks on Lucius' painting. He just disappeared... how? Taker doesn't understand what's going on, his mind going crazy. What happened to him? So, Scott, now his own father?

"Taker?" He looks at the door and sees Pat who has seen everything, Taker hasn't spoken to anyone, he seems to have spoken to his father's board, but Pat doesn't understand either. he walks over to him, puts his hand on his shoulder and he looks lost. " what's up mate ?" He asked, really worried about his friend's mental health, Taker put his hand on his ally's forearm, trying to regain his composure. "Yeah I am, I guess I'm tired and drunk. What did you want?" He asked refusing to say anything to Pat especially after what he saw when he was sleeping. Pat takes his arm when Taker was about to leave, wanting answers. "Wait man, you've been weird since you woke up from your attack in the forest, what's wrong man? tell me." Said Pat still holding his arm, looking at him.

Taker looks him in the eyes, not even knowing if he should trust him anymore. "I don't know what's wrong with me, Pat." He confesses to Pat, lowering his head, Pat looks at his friend, sadly, wanting to know what is happening to him. " Tell me. Trust me," Pat said crossing his arms, leaning against the table watching Taker touch his hair.

"I had some kind of vision before I woke up from my attack and since then I've been intrigued, I've gotten very paranoid I think." He confessed, looking at Pat, his eyes full of incomprehension. "Tell me what did you see?" Asked Pat intrigued what Taker saw, he walks over to the first painting which is hanging on the wall. "Scott, the first Lord, he came to my mind and said the one with the diamond eye should kill the traitor. But I don't know who the traitor is, it could be someone up close, that could be you, right??" Says Taker turning to Pat who frowns as soon as he suspects him to be the treat in all this. He walks towards Taker slowly then puts his hand on his shoulder. "My friend, I am not a traitor, I can give my own life for you, you are my friend Taker. Don't think otherwise.." Pat said before leaving the room leaving Taker alone, a little touched that his friend thinks that of him.