Chapter 18: A gift

Taker is with Markus changing his bandages before riding on his spider's back to go somewhere quiet to practice. He drops his creature's back as they arrive, he checks Markus for facial injuries but the creature backs off. "Come on Markus" Trying not to lose patience, having a very bad day, Markus lets his head be taken in his master's hands. the hardest thing to heal, he sees that the wounds where his chelicerae were are just beginning to heal. "Don't be sad mate, we're going to find this spider and..." He didn't have time to finish his sentence when his creature tried to escape despite its broken legs and entered one of the craters, terrified of this spider. Taker sits in front, Markus looks so traumatized by this.

"I know you're traumatized, but you shouldn't be, this creature might be strong, but maybe you're... even stronger than him, you're a big creature, you're more stronger than you think. Yes, this creature removed your chelicerae, but you can use your paws for many things, including fighting, eating and drinking. Don't underestimate yourself because you almost died, this don't kill you, it makes you stronger" Encouraged his creature then Markus comes out of the cave and looks at Taker, as he sits the creature bends down to be face to face with his master and walks forward until that his head is above his shoulder. Markus wanted a hug. Taker can't hug him around his waist but lets him.

Diana has seen all the scenes, majesty is so loved by his creature, he knows how to win back Markus' trust in himself, she smiles...Markus looks at where Diana is then walks over to her, Taker looks at his creature move towards her and follow his spider gently. you understand me? Dia-na? understand me?. Taker hears Markus trying to make Diana understand his language. "She doesn't understand you Markus, what do you want to tell her?" He asked, going in front of his spider, his hands behind his back. wants to give a gift. Markus wants to give Diana a gift but what gift? Taker frowned at what his spider just said.

"A gift?" He repeats if he understood correctly, Markus goes into the forest while Taker turns to Diana. "I...I don't understand..." he said, rubbing his head, not knowing what gift his creature wanted to give him. "How are you otherwise?" He asked long enough for his creature to return to enjoy her company for a bit. "I am well majesty, and you? although today is not too favorable." she said looking into his beautiful dark green eyes. "I'm doing well thanks." He said he didn't want to go into detail about what's happening to his mother right now. Markus comes back with a spider smaller than him, tabby, the chelicerae are white. Taker frowns and walks over to Markus wondering what he's doing. "She's not a person like us Markus!" He whispered to his creature, Markus and the little creature walked towards Diana who was rubbing her arms not knowing what to do. For you. Markus wants to give Diana a spider as a thank you. Diana smiled at Markus. Teach her to understand us. Markus suggests that his master teach Diana the language of creatures.

"Markus, she's only human" Taker said with a slightly menacing voice thinking that his creature was only doing what he wanted, not listening to him. "What did Markus say?" She asked, looking at the tabby spider next to Markus. "He..He wants to give you this spider as a thank you and wants you to understand their language." Said Taker looking at Diana kneeling next to the spider smiling. Too cute, Diana thought. "How do you learn it?" She asked wanting to learn their language so badly, which shocked Taker. "You..you really want to learn?" he asked wanting to know if he heard what he heard from a human. "Yes! I would really like how to communicate with." She said enthusiastically. Taker looks at her very surprised that a human wants to learn the language of the creatures. It's been 16 years that he is in power of the fortress and never a human has asked him that until today. "A creature must have a name first." He said walking towards her, Diana stands up then looks at her creature, she is tabby, shiny black eyes, white chelicere, the tips of her paws are golden in color.

"I want to call her Tigress because she looks like a tiger with her color." She said looking at her creature with a smile, Markus washes his head with his front paws looking at Tigress and Diana while Taker takes off her big black dress, puts it on Markus' back before going to Diana. "It is very important to be close to your creature to understand it well. You have to build your own friendship with it." He said kneeling down next to the tiger spider, the creature is the size of his shin. "It will grow based on the friendship and respect you give your creature. The maximum size is Markus' height, approximately. So 6 feet." He added, touching the tabby creature's back, seeing that it is a female, Diana listens intently to the majesty.

"A creature often eats fresh and juicy meat, blood hydrates it." He says standing up, he goes to his food bag, takes out some fresh meat and blood that was for Markus but decided to show her how to feed a creature. "Markus can eat on his own, but a young creature like this has a hard time getting meat between his paws, so you have to help him." He says giving her the meat in his hands before getting behind her, Taker takes Diana's forearms. "Stretch out your arms, don't be afraid, you need a climate of trust." He whispered, Diana held out her arms, shivers ran through her arms as she heard Taker whisper in her ear, showed the piece of meat to Tigress, the spider slowly approached the meat Diana was holding.

The creature plants its chelicere in the meat hard, it trembles a little afraid that its creature bites her but the hands of the majesty reassures her so much that she does not move. "The noise you hear is normal, Tigress is sucking the juice from the meat before eating it." He said when the creature made small noises, Diana could feel Tigress's fangs. "Drop the meat" he ordered removing Diana's hands from the meat, Tigress takes it in her little paws, raises her head a little so that the meat doesn't drag on the ground and goes to eat next to Markus. Taker takes his canteen which contained blood, opens the cap. "Cup your hands." He ordered looking at her, Diana carried out her orders and Taker spilled some blood in her hands. "Now you're going to give her a drink" he said closing the cap of the bottle. Diana slowly approaches Tigress who is still eating.

"Like feeding it, gently and confidently." He said looking at Diana walking slowly towards her creature, getting down on one knee to be level with her. The spider approached after eating, put its chelicerae in the liquid Diana has in her hands. "She won't bite you, she trusts the one who feeds her so her master" he says looking at what is happening in front of him, Diana smiles looking at her creature. "So I'm officially his master?" She asked smiling, very happy to learn how to deal with a creature. Taker rubs his head at her question, in fact, she's not officially his master, there's a whole protocol for becoming master of a creature and he doesn't know if the protocol would work with a human.

"Normally, there is the acceptance of Grand Master Arag. He and he alone must hand over a creature to us." He explained, then frowned as he realized something. Oh fuck, Taker thought. He suddenly looked at Markus who looked stressed, he frowned and walked towards his creature. "Where did you get the creature?" he asked, Markus rubbing his paws over his remaining chelicerae. Me stealing the Tigress of Arag. Markus took Tigress without Arag's consent. "You what?!" He yelled at Markus not believing what he did, Diana doesn't understand why Taker yelled at Markus.

"Quick, we have to bring her back" he said taking Tigress but the creature bit the majesty's hand. It's too late, the spider already has affection for Diana, he looks dangerously at Markus while rubbing the hand that Tigress has just bitten. "Majesty!" We hear a voice and heavy footsteps running over the leaves of the trees on the ground. A guard from the fortress arrived, worried, running towards the Majesty. "Majesty, you should come!" Said the guard, his eyes worried, he patted his shoulder to reassure him then returned his attention to Markus. "We'll talk about that later!" He said nastily to his creature before leaving with his guard towards the fortress.