Chapter 31: Tasks

The next morning, Pat trains his scorpion "Asgoth" hard as usual, great friendship he has with his creature, they are like real brothers, and he is proud of Asgoth. Asgoth is not his first creature, before him he had a creature that was killed by Mendal when they last met. But Pat is determined to end his killing spree with Taker's help. The friend since the beginning of the name Cassiopiea. When they take a break, Pat writes in his book where his ancestors wrote, recounting the times with Taker, also mentioning what's going on right now. He returns to the fortress with Asgoth and sees a group of men, villagers waiting in front of the castle door, he walks towards them, curious.

"Gentlemen?" Said Pat to get their attention, the men are on average tall, some strong. "Sir Pat, we want to join the force if there is a battle...The Majesty has always been there for us, so please let us fight for his life..." Said one of the villagers wanting to give his life for Taker, the one who always knew how to protect his people. The men seem determined to fight to the death for him. Kinsey looks away, wondering what's going on with Pat and those men.

"But guys, you can't fight without powers." Said Pat honestly, not wanting these men to die for nothing and with no way to defend themselves. "Maybe I can help?" A voice comes from behind Pat who turns around and sees Kinsey with his shopping cart coming from the village. "I can also make weapons...I can make weapons that resist spells, I want to help you..." She said smiling at Pat who smiled at her loving her idea and her help.

~!~

For the whole day they built a house where Kinsey could build the weapons and shields, she asked Pat what she needed and a few soldiers teleported to different places to find these materials.

Pat trains the men to defend themselves and move with weapons, Pat fakes an attack on Markus to show them where to plant their weapons. "DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON ENEMY'S CREATURES, don't run straight to avoid spells.." Pat said authoritatively to those rare men and women who want to die for Majesty.

Diana watches Pat teach men how to fight people like them, she sees how Pat focuses on helping them and helping Taker fight enemies. "for now, I want 100 push-ups, you have to be in good shape to be at war, use all your senses, neglect no sense!" Said Pat walking through each column of these new soldiers doing push-ups. Pat looks at Diana, sitting on a rock, smiles at her and she smiles back and returns her attention to their training.

~!~

After an intense hour of training, Pat quits training having decided they have enough work for today. He's happy, everyone was focused on training, they're not afraid to die for Taker, there are a few women who are there too, it's their right. Pat was walking around the village when he decided to check on Kinsey, to make sure everything was okay and she had everything she needed. He knocks and enters the house, as usual with all women, he smiles at her. "Do you have something you need Kinsey?" He asked smiling and looking at her but Kinsey is focused on her work and doesn't even hear him, she invests in her work to help as much as she can. Pat smiles and decides to let her work, doesn't want to interrupt her.

~!~

Pat enters Taker's room with a care basket to change Taker's bandages before going to bed. He removes the bandage where his eye wound is, he removes the cotton from his eye socket and begins to clean the wound. "Villagers have joined the army.." He said to his friend knowing he couldn't hear but Pat needed to talk to him. "I trained them and seem determined to fight for you." He added, putting a new cotton ball on Taker's socket before bandaging his wound. He watches his friend sleep hoping that he dreams of something happy. "Kinsey is going to create new weapons for us that will resist spells." He said removing the bandage from Taker's arm to clean his wound. "She wants to help us too, we're going to succeed in our quest..." He said before taking a new bandage and wrapping it around his arm before looking at it. "I promise you." He said with determination.

Someone knocks on the door and it's a guard and one of her soldiers who come in, they seem panicked and go towards Pat. "Sir, someone is in front of the door of the throne room, he seems very suspicious, he wants to speak with the majesty..." Said one of the guards a little panicked. Pat put his hand calmly on his shoulder trying to calm him down. "Calm down, what does he look like?" Asked Pat wanting to know more about this strange stranger who just walked in. "He has a balaclava on his head, I saw that he has a red eye, he has a scar on his lip, we think he is suspicious because he said he comes from afar..." The woman says, Pat thinking, runs his hand through his hair looking at Taker thinking about what he might do.

If it's an enemy and if they are told that Taker is injured, not being able to see him...they will take advantage of it to attack the castle. Pat looks at Taker's black dress that he often wears and then looks at Taker again. He gets close to the robe, he can turn into a dark lord to trick him, Pat touches his beard, walks up to Taker, ready to touch his chest. "Sorry my friend but I have to do this..." He says before touching Taker's chest and closes his eyes, the two guards are impressed by what they have seen, Pat grows taller, his face changes in Taker's, his arms become a little more muscular and tattooed. He opens his eyes, his yellow eyes have turned green and looks at himself in the mirror watching the two still remain stunned at what they have just seen. "No one should talk but me and the guy, okay?" He said putting on Taker's robe, they nodded and then closed the bedroom door. Pat looks at Taker, hoping that he would be able to act as a dark lord... he's already taken on the appearance of other people but being the dark lord, it's a stressful task.