Chapter 28: In Taker's Head: Scott

Taker's eyebrows move, his eyes blink a few times before opening. Taker is in the dark, in nothingness. It is dark around him and the ground is wet as if from a flood. He gets up with difficulty and sees in front of him, someone, back to him, a hand behind his back and a hand on a sort of black cane. Taker approaches this man curiously and sees his face through the mirror he was looking at. "Scott?" Said Taker, then the man turns around, he looks like him like he's a twin except that he has a goatee and gray hair, his eyes are gray; Taker recognized him well. He is the very first Calaway who came to the land where the kingdom is. The one who created Araneolus Shire. Scott Calaway.

Taker gets down on one knee to greet him, his head lowered in respect as he hears the sounds of canes coming his way. "Stand up." Orders Scott to his tenth generation, Taker watches him, still on one knee. "Am I dead?" He asked, Scott smiled shaking his head gently. "Oh no child, you're just in a deep sleep" Scott says as Taker gets up slowly, still looking at Scott who is in front of him. Scott is the same size as Taker even a little taller, his icy gaze freezing Taker even though he is his ancestor. "Where are we?" Asked Taker, Scott frowned putting his second hand on his hand that was resting on his cane. "We are in your head." Said Scott walking towards nothingness, Taker follows him aimlessly. "I..I have so many questions Scott.." Said Taker wanting answers to some questions he's been asking himself for a while. Scott looks at him, the sound of canes resounding as they walk. "Oh..You will have answers, just let me show you something." Said Scott going towards a light that just appeared, attracted by it, Taker follows him.

~!~

Scott and Taker appear in a forest that Taker knows very well. It is the forest that surrounds the kingdom; he recognizes it thanks to the lake, the entrance of the creatures. They walk towards the kingdom but Taker immediately notices that it is not his kingdom that he knows. There's no village, no humans, just mages, people like him. He looks at Scott who walks looking ahead ignoring the gaze of his tenth generation. They enter the castle through the main door, Taker sees that there are plenty of people in the throne room. "...Be brave, be fearless in the face of death..." a deep voice said before everyone chanted...Scott's name.

Taker approaches and sees Scott and a man who looks suspiciously like Pat drinking glasses before leaving the castle. "Scott.." A woman called out to Scott grabbing his arm before he was sure to defend his land. Scott looks at his wife, she has green eyes and silky blond hair. "Please come back alive.." She said hugging him, Scott takes her in his arms before taking her face in his hands, looking into her eyes. "If this is my destiny. Otherwise, don't worry, I would smile to death in battle because I know you will raise our son like the Lord that I am." Said Scott to his wife before kissing her. "Scott, come on! let's take back what is rightfully ours!" Guts yelled at Scott who hasn't always left the castle. "I'm coming Cassiopeia!" Scott shouted before looking at his wife one last time before leaving.

Taker looks behind him and looks at Scott who has his hands on his cane, watching, remembering the last time he kissed his beloved, that scene, even in death, he remembers it. "I think the name Cassiopeia is familiar to you, right?" Scott asked Taker who looked down realizing that Pat hadn't lied to him, Scott and Guts were good friends. "You and Pat remind me of me and Guts, we were friends, different but friends. I saved him from inevitable death if he was on his own." Said Scott looking at Guts and himself leaving the castle then looking back at Taker. "Over time, you helped him, you were like a mentor." Said Taker knowing the rest of the story having read in Pat's family book. Scott looks at Taker and nods confirming what he said. "You died in battle I suppose?" Asked Taker, Scott looks at him again then walks towards the exit of the castle with his tenth generation.

~!~

Scott and Taker land in the middle of a war, spells burst between the two clans, arrows, axes, swords are heard. Blood is flowing, dead everywhere. Taker sees Guts fighting, while the other side he could see Scott fighting as well. Scott sees the enemy Lord at the top of the hill, a rage can be read on his face. "Scott!! Don't go! We don't have the advantage!" Guts yelled loud enough for his friend to hear but Scott doesn't want to hear him, he starts running towards the hill killing enemies on the way. "Come you coward!" Scott yelled at the man on the hill before he took an ax to the thigh but didn't back down. Guts tries to follow his friend who looks injured in the leg. "Scott! let's fall back!" Guts yelled, Scott continues to walk up the hill but with difficulty. He completely ignores his friend who tries to force him to withdraw but Scott does not even shrink from death. " Scott..-" Guts said before taking a big hit on the head, knocking him out.