Chapter 62: Lord and Queen

The day after Taker's request, he gave a speech on his balcony, speaking of a great change in the fortress as there will be a queen who will rule with him. He presented Diana as the future queen of the fortress and everyone chanted long live the queen which pleased Diane who was stressed by the people's reaction. Kinsey and Pat are very happy that Diana is Taker's queen, Pat felt that they were going to be together one day.

After that, they burned their dead. Diana gave her first speech when her mother's body was placed in water to be burned. She was stressed but Taker's presence was a source of encouragement. She said her mother was brave during the battle and did not hesitate to give her life for victory. She regrets that she couldn't forgive her mother sooner because her heart was still angry with her, but she hopes that her mother is proud of where she is.

After Anastasia's funeral, they all went to the Calaway cemetery where they will bury Taker's father. According to tradition, when a Calaway dies, there are trumpets, drums being sounded and a statue with their eyes embedded in it. Lucius' funeral takes place in silence, Taker is behind his father's open coffin, silent. Without saying anything, they put Lucius in the hole and Taker walked in front, looking into the hole full of hatred for him. He feels a hand go to his forearm and looks to the side, sees his future queen trying to calm him down, seeing him very upset. He places his hand on her, patting her hand to say that it will be okay before looking at his soldiers to order them to put the dust in the hole.

~!~

The days have passed and Taker has prepared with his men, the wedding ceremony which will take place this afternoon. Taker asked Diana if she would mind doing the family tradition, when a Calaway gets married they must take the unbreakable oath with his wife they must be bound by a heavy cobweb with a spell around them and someone must recite:

These two soul mates promise to be together until death do them part, promise to protect each other, and promise not to betray each other. If one of the two betrays himself, may the spirits cast misfortune on the traitor.

Diana doesn't mind, she accepts her family tradition, he is happy to see her accept the tradition. He hugged Diana from behind, kissed her on the cheek, and left her to prepare for the ceremony.

~!~

Taker looked for Pat in the castle, and he found him outside with Kinsey, Pat smiled at him, happy to see his friend. He realizes that they are packing; he knows that Pat and his allies are returning to his land but does not know that he was about to go today. "Are you going already?" He asked Pat who was strapping Asgoth's dead body to the cart.

"After the ceremony, yes." Said Pat checking the ropes if they are well attached then Taker clears his throat before proposing something important for him. "I want you to do something for me" Taker says handing the piece of paper to Pat who takes it and reads it carefully. "I want you to recite the formula of my family tradition." Said Taker putting his hands behind his back, Pat is shocked at his proposal, he wants him to be the master of ceremonies and recited this formula? "Why me ?" Pat asks as Taker smiles at his friend putting his hand on his shoulder and staring into his yellow eyes. "Because you are my friend." Said Taker smiling then Pat smiled in turn, honored to do this for his friend. "So I will." Said Pat nodding to his friend before Taker left to get ready.

~!~

Late afternoon, everyone is near the lake, the villagers, Pat and his men, Taker's soldiers, Kinsey and some creatures are there. Taker is wearing his big black dress, his hands behind his back watching the horizon waiting for her beloved.

Everyone bows when Diana arrives, she was wearing a white dress and a crown on her head, she arrives on Markus' back. Taker walks over to Markus for help her getting off Markus, and heads for the middle. The soldiers take a thick cobweb and wrap it around Taker and Diana's hands as soon as they hold hands, and they wrap a second thick cobweb around them, Taker reassures Diana who begins to panic it was so tight. "It's normal, relax." Taker said in a whisper, reassuring her with a small smile. The soldiers cast the spell around them until a circle appears as Taker rested his forehead against hers and closed his eyes. "Close your eyes and relax." Tells his wife who obeys her future husband while Taker looks at Pat and nods at him to recite the spell.

"These two soul mates promise to be together until death do them part, promise to protect each other and promise not to betray each other. ."

Taker and Diana feel the wind starting to blow in the circle, Diana relaxes thinking it's part of tradition as Taker hasn't moved. They still have their eyes closed, their foreheads against each other, he decides to kiss her. As soon as he kisses her they levitate and spin slowly, Diana feels her levitate but doesn't panic as she is with her husband. Black smoke and small sparks appear below them; the cobweb around them and around their hands starts to tear, and 9 spirits appear in the circle but we can clearly see the first Dark Lord, smiling at his 10th generation as the wind still blows in the circle.

Suddenly they land softly and break the kiss feeling their feet on the ground again. the circle, the smoke, the spirits and the sparks disappear, the wind no longer blows and the family tradition is over. Taker looks at his wife, places a hand on her cheek, and kisses her forehead. She is officially his wife, his queen.

~!~

As the ceremony is over, Pat, his soldiers, his creatures and Kinsey are ready to leave, Diana hugs Kinsey, she will miss her very much, she loved spending time with Kinsey. Taker joins them after feeding Markus. Kinsey bows to Taker holding his hand. "Thank you majesty for all you have done." She said smiling, she was afraid of him because he was known to be dangerous and she doesn't regret having trusted him. Taker is a straight man and someone who keeps his word. "No problem, Kinsey." He says before being joined by Pat who goes to greet his friend.

"Thank you, Taker, know that my doors will be open to you." Said Pat patting his shoulder. Proud to reconnect with an old family friend. "Thank you for helping me Pat and thank you for your friendship." Said Taker and for the first time, the two men hug to say goodbye, Pat would never have imagined that he too could have been friends with a Calaway, his family was right to trust him. Despite what his grandfather did, he always proved to Taker that he is not like him. He sacrificed his health during the battle as proof that he could die for Taker.

"Goodbye my friend." Said Pat having tears in his yellow eyes then quickly goes to join the others to leave, not wanting him to see emotion in his eyes.

Watching them leave with the cart, Taker is proud to have met Pat, he was a great ally, at first he didn't really believe what was written in Pat's family book. But as soon as he saw all the visions of his ancestors with his family members. He realized that Pat had never lied and he proved again during the battle, he transformed into Taker to try to kill Mendal. He wasn't afraid of dying or being hurt. He hopes to see him again soon.