Chapter 30: In Taker's head: Scott's mind games

Scott and Taker are back in the void, where they met. They walked quietly, the sounds of Scott's cane echoing as if they were in an empty room. Taker sees in the distance, something, standing, thick black smoke comes out of this thing. It looks like it's this thing that makes everything around them very dark. The closer they get, the more Taker realizes what is in front of him and none other than himself but cursed. He breathes heavily, drool runs down his mouth, his teeth are sharp, his fists are clenched ready to come out at the slightest full moon, the spider legs are out and his black eyes are dark. "That curse hides almost everything good about you. Like it or not, you feel something for that girl..." Scott said looking at the cursed form of his tenth generation then looked at Taker. "You don't even realize it and it's normal, it's that your curse wants you to feel." Said Scott, Taker looks at his cursed form then Scott who seems to be sure of what he's saying. He shook his head slowly still refusing Scott's words. "Well, okay.." Scott said before propelling Taker backwards brutally.

~!~

Taker lands hard in the forest at night, he tries to get up wondering why Scott did this. He looks around, brushing the dust off him, then sees Diana. Picking up fruit while singing, Taker discreetly follows her, delighted to see her again. He leans against a tree, arms crossed, watches her quietly and stays in case there are enemies around. "Ah there you are, my dear.."

Taker frowned and saw Pat walking towards Diana with flowers in his hand, his head bandaged as if returning from a fight. She smiles and runs to Pat to hug him, very happy to see him again in front of a very angry Taker who doesn't understand what's going on. Since when? Why him? I'm going to kill him!! Taker thought, fists clenched. "The anger that you saw her in someone else's arms..." Scott's voice echoes around him, he clutches his head trying to push her away. He walks dangerously towards Pat wanting to hit him but he can't catch him, his hand crosses Pat as if he were a ghost. "Stop it!" Shouted Taker hoping Scott would get out of his head but Scott didn't seem to agree. "We're just getting started boy.." Scott's voice echoes one last time before propelling Taker into the forest.

~!~

"Taker...Taker..wake up.." A female voice that Taker will recognize even when blind. He opens his eyes and sees Diana smiling at him, he looks around, he's in the castle, in his bed. Is he awake from this nightmare? "Did you sleep well my love? She asked taking a cup to take to Taker who sat down frowning wondering if he was awake. "My love?" He repeated softly, wondering why she called him that. "You fell off your creature, you have a huge bump." She says, Taker touches his head and feels a bandage wrapped around his forehead and gently takes the cup from Diana's hands. She gently takes his face in her hands and gently kisses him on the forehead. "I'm glad you're awake," she said before getting out of bed and leaving. Taker is in shock, not understanding what is going on. He gets up, trying to open the window that leads to the balcony but he can't. "Fuck." he muttered, banging the glass with his hand.

"Since when?" he asked without looking at Diana who had just entered the room. "Since when what is my love?" She asked without really knowing what he meant, Taker, annoyed, turned to her, looking at her angrily. "How long have we been married? He asked, Diana almost teary eyed, hurt that he didn't even remember her or even their marriage. "But...honey...we've been married a few months..." She said with tears in her eyes, Taker sat down in a chair feeling like he was about to fall, a pain in his heart like when he lost his mother. Diana leaves, slamming the door, leaving him in the room alone. He starts clenching his fists and follows her to find out what's going on, he never married, no queen and then he wakes up married and a queen at his bedside? What is this reality?

"Diana! come back there!" He ordered but Diana didn't stop walking around the castle, not even looking at him. Suddenly, a soldier walks up to Diana, pulls out a knife and stabs her in the heart right in front of Taker's eyes. "Noooo!!" He cried looking at the corrupted soldier smiling and walked away. Taker runs, steps over the body of Diana who is lying on the ground, he orders the others to go catch up with him and returns to his beloved. He gets down on his knees, takes her in his arms, puts his trembling hand on the wound. "it's will be fine honey...stay with me..." he pleaded, she tried not to close her eyes, trying to breathe slowly. "I.." She tried to speak but Taker shook his head, wanting her to shut up so she wouldn't use force. "Damn! can someone help me!?" He shouted but it seems no one is answering, there is no one. His wife is dying in his arms, no one to help her. "So...my son...still not convinced?" Scott's voice echoes in his head giving him a headache. "Stop it! What the hell are you doing!?" He yelled trying to find Scott but he's not there. He feels that Diana's body is cooling, death has taken her away. "Fuck off!! Scott!! What the hell are you doing?! I've had enough!" Taker yelled, Scott laughs which annoys Taker. "Look at that!" Scott ordered.

Taker feels weird, he sees that his whole environment changes, Diana's body disappears. Now he is in the courtyard of the castle, everything is on fire, he sees Diana looking to see if there are any survivors. He gets up and runs towards her when he sees an enemy creature advancing behind her, fangs in the air ready to kill her. "Diana! Jump!" Taker shouted before she turned and cowered when she saw the creature behind her. The creature sank its fangs into Taker's body, to save her life. He could hear Diana's screams, his sight darkening, feeling his soul leave his body.