Chapter 40: Don't turn your back on them

Pat watches Kinsey work on the weapons, stares at her ass biting his lip. he walks behind her, puts his hands on her waist and blows on her neck, Kinsey stops what she is doing; He turns her around and makes her sit at the table, they are ready for each other, he knew who he wanted to be with, the chemistry they had together was hotter than fire, he wanted her and nobody else. Pat grabs Kinsey's head and kisses her softly on her lips, he feels her hands against his chest, he controls the kiss and goes to suck on her neck, she moans and she grabs the head from his back.

"Pat...we shouldn't be doing this...please stop..." She says in a shaky voice, Pat looks at her and remembers that she was beaten and raped by the enemies ; he doesn't want her to think he's abusing her. "You're right...I'm sorry..." He said holding her hands, lowering his eyes at himself as he wanted to go fast with her. "Don't be...I want you too but...I'm not ready yet...and...what would the majesty say?" She says scared that Taker knows it and doesn't accept that his ally sleeps with a villager. A loud noise is heard and a voice rings out. "I don't care what you're doing, as long as you don't betray me." Said Taker who just appeared, standing by the fireplace with his arms crossed, Pat lets go of Kinsey and looks at Taker who seems to be better since this morning.

"How are you doing ?" He asked hoping he would get better, not knowing why Taker is distant at the moment. "I'm fine, stop flirting and come with me, we have soldiers to train." He ordered as he walked towards the door, Kinsey took her creations with her and followed the two men into the forest. Walking through the forest, he could sense Kinsey's anxiety, she looks stressed to be in Taker's presence again. "Why are you anxious Kinsey?" He asked still walking towards the training grounds seeing the soldiers and some creatures already there. "I'm sorry I didn't trust you before your attack, sir, I was so..." she apologized but Taker cut her off knowing what happened.

"I know what you went through at Mendal's Castle. I guarantee you I'm not that kind of Dark Lord, of course what you saw tonight is me when my curse kicking in, got you terrify but I'm not the type to intentionally hurt my people" Taker says reassuring her, she hesitates to say what she knows about Mendal, he looks like Taker especially his eyes, she's afraid he'll take it very badly.

~!~

Pat & Taker go to the training area where the group is already there, Kinsey lays down the weapons and shields for the non-powered people on the table. "I will show you 3 types of weapons, all the weapons are made with a metal called Tungsten, it is the strongest metal, stronger than steel and the handle of the weapons is diamond, the 3 types of 'weapons, you will have the choice between the axe, the sword and the mace. For the shield it is also made of diamond and tungsten, I used purple diamonds to make your symbol, Your Majesty. She says showing Taker approaching the table looking at the different weapons and shields. "I want to try, Pat take a shield and a weapon, I'll use a spell, you have to stop him with both." Taker ordered before Pat grab a weapon and shield, stay focused, ready for the try, he stops Taker's spell with the weapon and shield, every time he stops he casts spells faster. Pat stops them all, and everyone cheers, Taker checks the weapon and shield, it's very spell resistant, Kinsey did a good job.

"Kinsey you did a good job, now you just gotta train hard with the real weapons, and the shield, don't forget to use the shield well, it's not to look good even if it's a beautiful shield." He said looking at his soldiers before ordering to take a shield and a weapon and starting to train with it. Kinsey walks over to Taker. "Can I see you right after practice, sir?" She asked Taker who nodded before Kinsey joined practice.

~!~

Taker and Pat watch them practice passing to see each soldier and give advice, Taker watches Diana fight, she defends herself well with the shield. "Rather take your shield like this." He said to Diana putting the shield wrist on Diana's forearm. "This will save you from losing it in battle." He added, looking her in the eyes. She gives him a slight affectionate smile that he is always so considerate towards her. "Thank you Majesty." She says looking at him, Pat has his arms crossed looking at Taker and Diana, frowns wondering if Taker isn't in love with her.

"Okay, everyone online!" Ordered Taker who walks towards Markus, Tigress is next to Taker's creature which is in a fighting position in case Taker kicks her again. "The next exercise will be your defense against a creature" Taker said stepping in front of Markus, turning to face his creature. "Never turn your back on a creature. Watch what creatures do to you if you do." Said Taker turning around, his back towards Markus, the creature takes Taker in its paws and simulates an attack. Taker doesn't move from Markus' paws, so much so that he trusts Markus.

"The creature will trap you between their paws and kill you for sure." He says then pushes the paws of Markus who was around him then walks from right to left again. "Defend yourself with your shield and at the moment that seems opportune, stick your sword in their skin or even hurt the creature." Said Taker looking at his soldiers, Markus stands in the middle while Taker gets back next to Pat. "Show no weakness to the enemy, you are not so different from us. Have faith in yourself." Said Taker looking at the different defenses his new soldiers have, Kinsey has remarkable reflexes.

Diana's turn to be facing Markus, she holds her shield well as Taker told her, stays in position, remaining attentive to what Markus is going to do. Markus makes a web to climb up the trees, Diana follows him with her eyes. "Creatures can be on land as well as above you, be careful that a creature does not land on you." Said Taker looking at Diana who is focused on Markus, Taker casts an electric spell at Diana's feet, a few centimeters from her feet.

She's distracted, not knowing why he did this, Markus comes down hard behind Diana and grabs her. "In battle there will be noise, death, blood, there will be horrible things around you, it's up to you not to get distracted." Said Taker walking towards Markus who has Diana between his paws. "You can drop her." He says to Markus who lets go, Taker takes the shield and the sword that Diana made fell then gives it back to her. "Be aware of your surroundings." He says to Diana who looks at him nodding her head.