Chapter 4: Belly of the Beast.

I slowly opened my eyes but only darkness remained in my vision.

(Am I dead?) I thought before realizing how stupid that would be.

Even if I had died, only one of two things would happen. I'd meet with that shitty god again, or be reincarnated without my memories intact.

Thankfully, I had asked that shitty god before reincarnating.

However, my situation was still extremely dangerous.

I then remembered being eaten by that huge ass whale and couldn't but feel like it was that shitty god's fault.

Silently cursing in my heart, all I could do was try to figure out where in that beasts belly I had been taken and look for an escape route.

Suddenly I realize I couldn't move my body as freely as before, then I realized why.

I hadn't noticed, but until this point I had been quietly drifting further down the whales insides.

Not only that, the water seemed somewhat different than the ocean water.

It was extremely uncomfortable and made me feel like something was desperately trying to tear through my flesh and bones.

If I had any, of course.

Only after giving it some thought did I realize the water the whale had swallowed from the ocean had most likely started turning into his own digestive acid.

If this was the case, then I really needed to get out of here as fast as possible.

However, after thinking about it for a while more, I couldn't come up with an acceptable idea.

The only way out would be...the other end.

Thinking about it, I don't think whales have that, don't they have blowholes on the top?

If I could just find that...As soon as that thought appeared I noticed a small light shoot right past.

Damn it, I was moving too fast and even stop to look.

Just as I was about to give up hope, there was still one option left I hadn't thought of until I realized where I currently was.

I was in the belly of a whale, not only that, but if my guess is correct, it should be that killer whale or whatever it was.

Thinking about this, I couldn't help wondering if this was a blessing in disguise or not.

After all, I had been looking for a way to not only find something suitable to eat, but also the requirements for evolution.

I don't know if I can skip evolving straight into a leviathan, but it's better than doing nothing!

With this thought in mind, I gathered all my energy and focused until I saw a giant pitch black wall appear near me.

I hurriedly released my energy and dove out of the digestive acid before clenching my teeth on the wall.

Seeing up close, I could tell the wall not only hard, but also not black either, more reddish or pinkish.

Knowing that the wall really was the inner flesh of the killer whale, I decided to not hesitate any further before using my full strength once again to tear a small piece of the flesh off before greedily munching it down as I splashed into the water once again.

The flesh left a sour taste in my mouth and felt more like being horribly poisoned, but I managed to wolf it all down before forced down the body of the whale once again.

As time passed, my body showed alarming signs going between immense pain as if my body was about to burst, to a chilling peace and tranquility making my mind feel extremely at ease.

I tried to let out a yawn in exhaustion.

(I don't know if I'll be able to really evolve, but regardless of whether I live or die, only time will tell!) I thought as my consciousness collapsed forcing me into what felt like an eternal dream.