Chapter 18: Abyssal Cult.

Damn.

What should I do?

Or, at least that's what they probably think I'm thinking.

However, it's not so easy for them to get what they want.

I used my transformation skill in order to shrink as much as I could, while retaining all of my original speed as much as I could, which led me to rocket forth before either of them could react.

Then, when I got close enough, I returned to my Mermaid form in order to deal with them.

However, what I didn't expect was the figure holding the knife to not only show little reaction, but he threw the knife away towards the king, at that point in time I was already close to Adella, so I wouldn't make it in time even if I did try to transform, however I did have this one thing I'd been meaning to try out, but if it doesn't work, it would be the same as not trying at all. So I figured may as well go for it.

I ran towards Adella who was now more worried about her father, when I stretched my arm out and used my [Water Magic] in the hopes of restraining the flying knife.

Sure enough, I just barely managed to stop the knife from fulling going into the old man's skull, but it was still deep enough to cause a drop of blood to spill, which the two figures scooped up quickly.

How the hell did they get over there so fast?

"AHAHAHA! Now that the prophecy has been complete, all that is left is to undo the seal on the Abyssal Lord!!!" One of the two robed figures shouted in ectasy.

Abyssal Lord? Seriously? What kind of edgy teen came up with that name? At least make it sound cool!

I looked towards Adella who was held in my arms.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I'm fine." She nodded while blushing.

She quickly rustled out of my arms, and looked towards the two hooded figures.

"I didn't expect that members of the Abyssal Cult to still be alive." Adella murmured.

"Abyssal Cult?" I asked.

"As you may have guessed, it's a despicable cult hellbent on worshipping a terrifying monster. The reason they call it the Abyssal Lord is because in the past, a hard battle was fought between it and an ancient Leviathan, which caused the whole ocean to quake, eventually the Abyssal Lord was sealed within the Abyss, giving it it's title." Adella explained.

I see, so whatever this thing is, it's pretty powerful, huh?

Guess I better make sure it doesn't get revived  then.

As I was thinking that, I quickly noticed something.

"Wait, where'd those two go?" I asked unconsciously.

Those two cult members mysteriously disappeared the moment I took my eyes off of them.

With a sigh, I couldn't help having a bad feeling.

Thankfully I've realized how OP my [Water Magic] is, so I used it to try and trace where those two members were, since as long as they were in the ocean, they couldn't escapse my detection.

And sure enough, they were already outside of the kingdom and staring straight into the depths of the ocean.

I used my magic and controlled my arms in such a way that those two goons would be pulled right back into the castle, although I tried to be quick about it, it seems they still managed to get what they wanted.

By the time they had been pulled by the water back into the castle, they laughing hysterically.

"AHAHAHAHA! YOU'VE FAILED, STUPID SNAKE DEMON! OUR LORD AND MASTER WILL ARISE ONCE MORE!!!!!!! AHAHAHA!"

I decided to give them a nice, cold, nap out of the kindness of my bleeding heart, and then threw them over to the king.

"Looks like I better go stop that thing." I sighed.

Seriously, this entire trip was supposed to be relaxing, but I've had nothing but stress since coming here. So much for my ideal Mermaid paradise.

After another heavy sigh, I quickly launched myself through the castle expertly evading everything and made it out towards the ocean depths.

After unleashing my true form letting me get back to 100 percent of my stats, I noticed two red glaring pairs of eyes staring up at me from the black depths.

"You've gotta be kidding me..." I murmured.